Scuttle Buttin'

• Thread starter SeanMichael
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SeanMichael

Reaction score
Hey guys. This is one of those tunes by SRV that I have long adored, but never sat down to pick it apart and learn it. Well, A few hours ago I set out to do just that. So, this is "take one" of my cover on scuttle buttin'. Lemme know whatcha think!

Plus I also realized that I had yet to post a video of me playing on here yet :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPhTZ5uzbls]Scuttle Buttin' - Take #1 - SRV Cover - Sean Michael - YouTube[/ame]

sidvicious

Reaction score
that's a really nice job of it, man.

takes me back. played it every gig for years after couldn't stand the weather came out.

in addition to the slide-up on the g-string, i also used a bend followed by a slide. saw srv do it both ways and always liked the bend best, personally.

very well done. not an easy song to play. yours is great.

now, get rid of that preamp and let the power amp roar!!

richieG

Reaction score
Good playing man.

That is one of those tunes that is really hard to nail. I can kinda do it, but I'll never do it the way the great man did.

For a tune that is pretty quick, it has some funny little timings in it

blade3

Reaction score
Very good Im sure Stevie would be smiling about it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV8WNxeZx9E&feature=player_embedded]Stevie Ray Vaughan plays Lightnin Hopkins and T-Bone 1985 - YouTube[/ame]

SwampThing

Reaction score

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
Hey guys. This is one of those tunes by SRV that I have long adored, but never sat down to pick it apart and learn it. Well, A few hours ago I set out to do just that. So, this is "take one" of my cover on scuttle buttin'. Lemme know whatcha think!

Plus I also realized that I had yet to post a video of me playing on here yet :D

Scuttle Buttin' - Take #1 - SRV Cover - Sean Michael - YouTube

That sounds great; I'm impressed. Didn't you mention you have originals too?

SeanMichael

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks! Like I said, its still a work in progress, but its gettin there, and I just felt like showin you guys.

Lo-Tek: Yes I do, but I have not gotten around to recording any of them yet. As that happens, I will post them up.