• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

SERIOUSLY?

• Thread starter Exotic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anitoli

Reaction score

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
If someone wants to pay it....but I'd say no to that amp. Cleaner examples than that have sold for less. No knock on the amp, it's a good example, but not good enough for the asking price. Not to me.

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score

Just WOW! :wow:

While I'd love to have that amp, I'd love even more to have that kind of change to play around with!

And then, the greedy sock tucker with the cohones to ask that price, while obviously not realizing that his listing it as a JMP 50 watt is criminally ludicrous. :wtf: Sellers like that (along with all the "bankers") need to get rounded up and hung by those cohones!

Am I Wrong?
Gene

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

neikeel

Reaction score
Re: the London 2x12 auction. Strictly speaking it is a JMP50 Trem, one of the first after the 45 using -128OT but still with tube rectifier.

Price is crazy. I do not know what their strategy is....high price, get 'lowball' offers and accept 2/3 of the asking price (still steep for a recover IMO). Again 1/2 that asking price and I think it would sell.

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
Re: the London 2x12 auction. Strictly speaking it is a JMP50 Trem, one of the first after the 45 using -128OT but still with tube rectifier.

Price is crazy. I do not know what their strategy is....high price, get 'lowball' offers and accept 2/3 of the asking price (still steep for a recover IMO). Again 1/2 that asking price and I think it would sell.

Thanks for that clarification/correction. I absolutely love the depth of accumulated and historic knowledge shared here! I absorb it like a sponge!
Thanks Again,
Gene

ampeq

Reaction score
Just WOW! :wow:

While I'd love to have that amp, I'd love even more to have that kind of change to play around with!

And then, the greedy sock tucker with the cohones to ask that price, while obviously not realizing that his listing it as a JMP 50 watt is criminally ludicrous. :wtf: Sellers like that (along with all the "bankers") need to get rounded up and hung by those cohones!

Am I Wrong?
Gene
HELL NO!

ampeq

Reaction score
Lets see, I could buy this one, or..... I could go to Nik and get about 12-15 of the nicest amps ever. Hmmmm, tough call....

Ned B

Reaction score
It is pretty common to see stuff "dangled" overpriced on Ebay and Reverb. The vintage market never quite recovered from the original financial crisis of 2008-2009 and asking and selling prices seemed to get pretty far apart since. The seller of the '68 is someone I remember from the old Plexi Palace board. He does have a "make offer" on the auction and is probably getting real-world offers. It is a player level amp. This '68 configuration isn't that rare. In times like these it is probably better to be a buyer than a seller.

Exotic

Reaction score
20 thousand dollars for that thing to appear here in the usa ,bless the monkey !

Mrmadd

Reaction score
I would rather give GC the money for an overpriced used amp. At least they will give you back the money if it turns out to be a clunker.

Ebay guys do shit like this all the time...."trying to hit a financial home run"

uselessoldman

Reaction score
Its like watching some rig run down on youtube where they have banks of "dud empty heads and cabs" up front and one head and cab with backup mic'ed round the back plugged into the mixer/PA. Talking to the rig guy (engineer) they will tell you they want reliability and some kit musicians use they have owned for years. Best thing I bought was a JMP-1 and plugged into my power amps sounds perfect though G12ts G12HS and V30s, in fact it NEVER sounds bad.

Latest posts