Show Me Your Riffs

• Thread starter LRT#1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ramo

Reaction score
Thank You, and I am humbled for the kind words :bowdown:@Mitchell Pearrow @Ramo :h5: I try to help everyone understand all this jargon so they too can be happy and make good music with their friends.
and one day I will learn amp theory from the awesome gurus on this forum!

:idea: note: If you want to 'mentally' cheat, change everything from letters (that look like chemistry :redface:) to numbers, and with numbers, everyone knows how to count $$$.
), diatonic going from C to C or 1 to 1 (or its octave) as you would 2 to 2, 3 to 3, and so forth will reveal its identity compared to the original Major scale.
You only need to remember the repeated Major scale, and you would have already know of ALL the seven modes!
You are able to see and comprehend all this easier with pen & paper, but in this case, google up a fretboard with the key that you are in, and stare at it whilst playing, seeing if anything sticks and sinks in, as you are changing chords or working out some interesting leads.
I was reading diatonic going from C to C or 1 to 1 (or its octave) as you would 2 to 2, 3 to 3, and reactor core meltdown started I felt brain squeeze lmao…..

I learned major scale i collage and I could not solo in it I said this is useless scale and I have forgotten it lol

I should start learning theory as it would help to know what I can use and what I cant.

junk notes

Reaction score
useless scale and I have forgotten it
I should start learning theory as it would help to know what I can use and what I cant.
O.K. You sound like me a long time ago. Overthinking brain fried and meltdown. Then someone said all the modes are in the Major scale. ? What!? I just need to know 1 scale?!! nah. really? cool!

yes, 1 to 1 is Ionian, 2 to 2 is Dorian, 3 to 3 is Phrigian and so forth.. All you need is to memorize seven scales (or modes), through the *Major scale, *or the Ionian mode. Their starting and stopping points.
Hoping that this view would help the ones who are seeking.
It is soo easy just looking at a piano to relate to (all) the modes. EVERYTHING is compared to the Major (1) scale.

Look at it as a staring point like the alphabet or numbers. You start counting from 1. You start the alphabet from A. The ABC-123's. Then you can compare and verify.
Guitar players want instant gratification. I get that. (I get that with a Plexi lol)

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
O.K. You sound like me a long time ago. Overthinking brain fried and meltdown. Then someone said all the modes are in the Major scale. ? What!? I just need to know 1 scale?!! nah. really? cool!

yes, 1 to 1 is Ionian, 2 to 2 is Dorian, 3 to 3 is Phrigian and so forth.. All you need is to memorize seven scales (or modes), through the *Major scale, *or the Ionian mode. Their starting and stopping points.
Hoping that this view would help the ones who are seeking.
It is soo easy just looking at a piano to relate to (all) the modes. EVERYTHING is compared to the Major (1) scale.

Look at it as a staring point like the alphabet or numbers. You start counting from 1. You start the alphabet from A. The ABC-123's. Then you can compare and verify.
Guitar players want instant gratification. I get that. (I get that with a Plexi lol)
Post a new thread topic , music theory.
I am looking at intervals more focus on the circle of fifths. Theory is so deep.

junk notes

Reaction score
Post a new thread topic , music theory.
I think that would scare people , no?:ohno: Better if someone has hit a rutt, then will have direct info in getting themselves out of their own perpetual state.
Besides, there are others hear that have a deeper understanding, and I only bring another side or view to something that has many angles.
I am looking at intervals more focus on the circle of fifths.
That is good to have and know where it can be utilized, A good tool, and reference to distinguishing the key signature in sheet music. Can be easily seen next to the Treble Clef on the music stave.
When you see one lonesome # next to the clef, it automatically indicates Key of G ,which has one sharp. ### would indicate key of A. It is great for disclosing the key that the sheet music was written in. Check it out and see.
That sounds more like homework. There are soo many things hidden in plain sight that the teachers of past just wanted to make a buck off the kids parents. Lessons get dragged on and on, and nothing actually sticks. (parents then doubly suffer lol)
Well, that kid was me, until I converted all that musical jargon that sounded like chemistry, to math and into a numbers game.
Theory is so deep.
nah, only shallow waters. With knowledge you stay afloat! Lots of people want you to swim, and they will throw you the occasional life preserver.:yesway:
If you look at a neck graph long enough, it will eventually stick, and things will pop out right in front of you when you were not even trying! You will see new-to-you routes and patterns you could try. Best to give yourself a fighting chance. Less wrong notes and more deliberate. Less brain-work when you see where fingers actually go.
IMHO best to stick to the numbers game, and not to mind so much on what teacher the parents hired to teach their kids music. Not all are hacks. Not all teach kids ;-)

Back to school
but,
"I have no class"

junk notes

Reaction score
Just saying since you overdub, throw in some bajo! DoD would be the man to do it! lol

Ramo

Reaction score
That was nice. Took me back to high school!:hbang:
Ramo, I think you need to work on your pick aim, I didnt dodge in my seat that time.
My aim is shit, man, with hands,with legs and with my peepy too hahahahhaahha….

when we were kids and played football (soccer) in the field, if there was one telegraph pole I would hit that instead of the intended target. Lol

LiveeviL2000

Reaction score
My aim is shit, man, with hands,with legs and with my peepy too hahahahhaahha….

when we were kids and played football (soccer) in the field, if there was one telegraph pole I would hit that instead of the intended target. Lol
and yet you have enough coordination to play one of the most complex musical instruments in the universe.
Thank god this forum is filled with guitarist. Otherwise, drummers would be all over me!

twangsta

Reaction score

This is what I get after acoustica pink4 in this case, mostly to boost levels but it does so in a great way, using a RR100 and DOD YJM308, 1960B cab and a YJM strat.

Ramo

Reaction score

You got cool rhythm, led work has some doggy spots in first half, in second half it get bit messy lead doing something and rhythm is doing something but to my ears they dont work together. (this is just what I think) I don't mean it in bad way.

@twangsta your link is not working.