Show me your Telecasters

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
2009 Chinese squier classic vibe. Guitar I’ve owned the longest and only mod was a push pull tone to put pickups in series for a beefier sound if I ever want it. Oh anmd sand the back of the neck an bit. Absolutely love the stock pickups. Great guitar!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
2009 Chinese squier classic vibe. Guitar I’ve owned the longest and only mod was a push pull tone to put pickups in series for a beefier sound if I ever want it. Oh anmd sand the back of the neck an bit. Absolutely love the stock pickups. Great guitar!

Im looking to get one of these, tell me about the pickups, what you did?

Rokinroller

Reaction score

That is a beauty . The newer CV Tele do not compare . The older Classic Vibes were amazing . I had a few , including the Tele Custom . Would be nice if I still had it . I say no need to spend crazy bucks for a great Tele as they dont get really better than this at even 3x the price .

Rokinroller

Reaction score
Got this last spring . Latest , IMHO best ever Squier Affinity Telecaster Deluxe model . It better than the new CV's . Perfectly flawless right out the box . Incredible guitar . Love the belly cut , vintage slot - lock tuners , etc . I put in 4 conductor coil splitting buckers . Now its like a LP and Tele all in one . This is a serious daily player guitar . Very hard to put down .

Attachments

• Tele deluxe.JPG
    Tele deluxe.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Tele Dlx 2.JPG
    Tele Dlx 2.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Tele Dlx 3.JPG
    Tele Dlx 3.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Tele Dlx Hdstk.JPG
    Tele Dlx Hdstk.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Tele dlx.JPG
    Tele dlx.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
Im looking to get one of these, tell me about the pickups, what you did?

Here’s a link. Tells you a bit about it.

And here’s the wiring mod pic. I’m sure others have done it and cutting one of the pickup wires from the cover was a bit worrying but it all worked ok.
Looks exactly like it did originally just the tone pot pulls up now to get a thicker tone. Tone control still works in both positions also.

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
That is a beauty . The newer CV Tele do not compare . The older Classic Vibes were amazing . I had a few , including the Tele Custom . Would be nice if I still had it . I say no need to spend crazy bucks for a great Tele as they dont get really better than this at even 3x the price .

I agree, I tried a few newer ones and didn’t get the same feel from them. I think newer ones are Indonesian made not Chinese also. I love the 5 hole pickguard over a standard tele guard and I love how clean it looks with no neck pickup adjustment screws. Also the newer ones don’t have brass saddles. If they do they’re chrome plated.
My tele also weighs a ton. Dunno if they all do but I love that. From memory they are made of pine.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

And here’s the wiring mod pic. I’m sure others have done it and cutting one of the pickup wires from the cover was a bit worrying but it all worked ok.
Looks exactly like it did originally just the tone pot pulls up now to get a thicker tone. Tone control still works in both positions also.

I did the series / parallel with a 4-way switch
Clip from link above if anyone is interested in another wiring option.
1671489745361.png

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
I did the series / parallel with a 4-way switch
Clip from link above if anyone is interested in another wiring option.
View attachment 121689

I was very tempted to try this way as I don’t like most push pulls but I gave it a go as it would feel weird having 4 positions I think.
Also another great way to do it and fairly easy

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was very tempted to try this way as I don’t like most push pulls but I gave it a go as it would feel weird having 4 positions I think.
Also another great way to do it and fairly easy
The P/P is probably the easier wiring change.
I was changing pups, so had to rewire the switch anyway.

Actually, started out with a 5-way super switch that did the 3 normal + the esquire wiring for the resistor/cap thing and no-tone options on the bridge.
Didn't like it, so "downgraded" to the 4-way...

mr_tornado_head

Reaction score
I only have TSOs...

Tele Shaped Object #1:
20221219_175639.jpg

This started life as a Chinese Snakehead copy. S-D Broadcaster pickup, CTS pots, brass saddles added. I cut a new control cover from copper and had found a person on Insta who hand milled the knobs. Removed the pickguard. Might need to fill in the holes. Now to get the frets levelled. Light and very resonate.

TSO #2:
20221219_175334.jpg

Yes, it's a cheap SX. But it does play nicely. Upgraded tuners to Kluson vintage-style. Removed the neck pickup, new Esquire pickguard. Bridge has a DiMarzio Chooper-T wired for Series/Split/Parallel. CTS pots, new blacked out control plate and knobs. Wanted to drop a black bridge assembly with brass saddles in it, but the pickup routing extends a bit far to the sides. It's the one I stick in the gig bag and take with me when on the road for work.

Rokinroller

Reaction score

I really like that mod . Done to a few friend's Tele . Does cool tones for a 2 pickup tele . Spices up a Tele nicely .

Rokinroller

Reaction score
[url=https://postimg.cc/YLLY44tw][/URL]
Here is his current Tele
Squire affinity series
Thats a beauty ! Tele's are addictive . My first choice is always a traditional Tele config just like your pic . The new Affinities are amazing ! Then I went weirdly for the deluxe , just for a change ... I even found the Deluxe ugly at first ! Did not groove to that huge pick-guard . But I got it just to have a different type of Tele . Then when it came in , I was blown away ! Now selling a nice LP , so I can go score another Tele ! Traditional 2 single coil one .

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
Thats a beauty ! Tele's are addictive . My first choice is always a traditional Tele config just like your pic . The new Affinities are amazing ! Then I went weirdly for the deluxe , just for a change ... I even found the Deluxe ugly at first ! Did not groove to that huge pick-guard . But I got it just to have a different type of Tele . Then when it came in , I was blown away ! Now selling a nice LP , so I can go score another Tele ! Traditional 2 single coil one .
I think the Affinities are great guitars too. That was the choice of guitar to bring for Neil Armstrong when he brought it to the moon and jammed there at Moonstock.

Latest posts