• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Silver Jubilee Re-Issue Rhythm Clip Footswitch Mod

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this site and I thought you might be interested to see the mod I developed to add a rhythm clip footswitch to the Silver Jubilee Re-Issue. I didn't want to touch the Marshall PCBs, so all connections are made with flying leads from the PCB I made to the existing connectors. I added an additional 1/4" socket to the back panel and an LED on the front panel. My PCB simply rectifies the 9.6V AC supply and adds a relay energised by either the footswitch or faceplate switch in parallel.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

Adrian

Rhythm Clip1.JPG

Rhythm Clip 2.JPG

Last edited:

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this site and I thought you might be interested to see the mod I developed to add a rhythm clip footswitch to the Silver Jubilee Re-Issue. I didn't want to touch the Marshall PCBs, so all connections are made with flying leads from the PCB I made to the existing connectors. I added an additional 1/4" socket to the back panel and an LED on the front panel. My PCB simply rectifies the 9.6V AC supply and adds a relay energised by either the footswitch or faceplate switch in parallel.

Cheers,

Adrian

View attachment 77127

View attachment 77128

:welcome: to the forum, a great place :)

mad5066

Reaction score
That's pretty sick, I like it! Nice work!

DrAndy

Reaction score
Sounds great, I'd be tempted to work that one into mine, not sure what the difference electronically would be between an original and a reissue though.

Reaction score
Sounds great, I'd be tempted to work that one into mine, not sure what the difference electronically would be between an original and a reissue though.
Hi Andy. In the original amp, they rectified the 6.3VAC heater supply to provide DC for the Boost footswitch. You could do the same to add a Rhythm-Clip footswitch. You can't safely do this in the Re-Issue because the heater supply is elevated to 100V.

Cheers,
Adrian

Mike Sadler

Reaction score
Hi,

Cheers,

Adrian

View attachment 77127

View attachment 77128

Hi Adrian. I am w-a-y interested in this... I'm guessing you are selling this is a DIY install? Ideally, I'd want to keep the back panel 'stock' and wire up the existing footswitch jack with a stereo plug and use a standard Marshall 2 button footswitch... *should be* doable? Ditto front panel... would it be possible to fit a three colour LED (like a TSL red-green-yellow)?

I guess the 'only other thing' would be... any chance one could interupt the Clipping circuit with a trim-pot to set the relative volume/gain of it? Or suggest a 'single component value swap' for e.g. a resistor in the clip circuit that would increase or decrease its gain/volume? I really like all sounds from my Silver Jubilee (it's my Holy Grail, keep-it-until-death amp after trying stupid-expense Mesa's, Soldanos, Handwired JTM's, etc), and would ideally like to set it for 1) pristine clean, 2) light-edgy clean-to-crunch via the clip circuit and guitar volume, and 3) proper JCM 8001 drive/distortion. I'll play/listen more with the clip circuit now, but my recollection is that with the Clean set spanking clean, adding the Clip added lots (too much) of volume and crunch? Anyway... how do I buy one please... I'll google too of course.

gibsonfred

Reaction score
Hi Andy. In the original amp, they rectified the 6.3VAC heater supply to provide DC for the Boost footswitch. You could do the same to add a Rhythm-Clip footswitch. You can't safely do this in the Re-Issue because the heater supply is elevated to 100V.

Cheers,
Adrian
Hello Adrian, do you sell your PCBs? I would like to buy you one if that’s possible. I would by the parts and mount them myself.