So What Is The Dang Difference Really?

• Thread starter ricksconnected
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whyre knot cmart anuff two undarstandd tham nohow..sew weye baather? Whyre just symple..

soundboy57

Reaction score
Without referring to any particluar post....my take is....
Buy the guitar that plays, and sounds the best to you, within your budget....that's always kept me happy.

And, you never know what someone is smoking, snorting, drinking, inhaling, or injecting, so don't take any post too personal.

My two cents.

Last edited:

12barjunkie

Reaction score
Trailer+Park+Boys+GIF+%25285%2529.gif

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want a CE so bad lol.
hope he sells it to you. a nice come up right there bro.
Well...so's I get home from oklahoma after spending thanksgiving with the wifes aunt. The whole time I was down there I couldnt get this $750 ce22 off my mind. I was texting my buddy telling him things like i got cash and ill chech it out sunday night, you know shit like that, letting him know I want it beyond a shadow of a doubt. So a guy comes over to look at his 79 strat he has for sale. He doesnt want the strat, but whips out $800 for the prs and my friend takes the offer...the little bitch! I dont feel so bad about buying his 87 800 2205 for $500 now...but.... he kind a felt bad so he sold me a mint 2008 Gibson faded flying v w hsc for $600.... So he's back on the christmas list..lol..i know..off topic but had to share seeing as i mentioned it earlier.

Last edited:

Frodebro

Reaction score
The biggest difference is that the American-made flagships from Fender and Gibson are the guitars that most people drool over, but the lower price point versions are the ones that generate the most profits because they sell them by the truckload.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wants 1400 something for the 79 strat..the ce was a nicer guitar.. I love strats, but the ce was pretty sweet..perfect action, nice level frets, fit and finish was awesome. The 79 is really nice but still just a standard strat..the prs feels more like a premium instrument...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Something is only worth what one is willing to pay for it...

The exception to the rule, is when you get burned, or give something away...

If you think a Les Paul is worth $3299, you will go out & buy one. If you don't think it's worth it, you will not be buying one off the shelf, anytime soon. If you buy an Epiphone, or some other knockoff for far less & are happy w/ it - it's a better deal (to you).

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
The biggest difference is that the American-made flagships from Fender and Gibson are the guitars that most people drool over, but the lower price point versions are the ones that generate the most profits because they sell them by the truckload.
There came a point in my musicianship, where, I wanted an upgrade, but none of the local stores had an upgrade. When I asked the salesman why, he told me the truth. The most sold guitars are beginner models. Generally, junior drags his mom into the store & begs her to buy him a guitar. How much is mommy willing to throw away on junior. Junior is 12 years old & chances are this is a passing fad & the guitar will be plucked on a dozen x's, until junior gets bored & figures out that he will have to practice discipline to do anything worthwhile w/ it...

So, they stock up on the beginner kits for $200 +/- (they've kept pretty stable over the last 20 years). If they stocked up on a $3200 guitar back then, that guitar would sit on the rack for years. Meanwhile, they go through 500 $200 beginner kits. There's no money, if you can't sell it. Plus, the store had to put the money out on that guitar that has been hanging on the rack, getting pawed about by every Clapton wannabee for the next 16-24 months until if finally sells - if it does sell...