So where's the F'N Beer?

• Thread starter superimposedmedia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

superimposedmedia

Reaction score
If I make it out to Cali someday, I'll look it up for sure. It's very likely I couldn't get it here in Louisiana. I'll still check around though ;)

Mike_j

Reaction score
I don't really have too much of a choice, because I'm diabetic, so it's light beers for me. But I like Pure Blonde, although I find it's subject to variation, some batches will be insanely good, and some will be alright, others kinda fruity tasting.
Only like 4.8%

+1

Great beer. Bring on the slab.

bloosman1

Reaction score
There are two kinds of beer. Warm Beer and Cold Beer. You don't buy beer, you rent it.
---J---

thrawn86

Reaction score
Alright, seeing as how it is Friday (albeit 2 A.M. PST), what's on tap this afternoon or evening? I think this should be a weekly afair for those of us who love the sudsy side of life. :naughty:
thrawn86-albums-mine-picture1426t-nov-12-2009-010.jpg

Lagunitas...sorry about the small pic. Still my favorite IPA, and one of my all time favorites.
So what'll it be, gentlemen, for Friday, Nov. 20th?

superimposedmedia

Reaction score
Thrawn, I think I'm going to indulge in some Dead Guy Ale today :) I do prefer good ale at room temperature so hopefully they'll have some outside of the cooler.

thrawn86

Reaction score
As Mr. Burns would say:

Eeeeexcellent.

What else we got?

Adwex

Reaction score
Thrawn, I think I'm going to indulge in some Dead Guy Ale today :) I do prefer good ale at room temperature so hopefully they'll have some outside of the cooler.

I never liked any ale/beer at room temp, even the good ones. I have to have it at least somewhat chilled.

Bret138

Reaction score
Pabst Blue Ribbon
Woodchuck Cider
and White Russians

the occasional steele reserve or 40's if i'm drinkin in the park with the punks haha but i'm pretty sure thats just an NYC thing..

thrawn86

Reaction score
Oh lord, Steel Reserve. My buddy works for the City here and says that when they clean up the parks, that's the #1 can they find, because it's so cheap the bums can afford it, and its 8 %!!!

superimposedmedia

Reaction score
I never liked any ale/beer at room temp, even the good ones. I have to have it at least somewhat chilled.

Actually, after taste deliberation, Dead Guy Ale is better chilled. Salvator on the other hand, I definitely prefer room temp. I just leave it in the pantry and crack one when I'm ready. It's a smoother taste than IPA's and Dead Guy Ale. When I finally get around to my Euro-trip, I intend to fully investigate this phenomenon on all levels :rock:

thrawn86

Reaction score
Hello. Once again, it's Friday. Not just any friday, but Black Friday, Nov. 27th. Does this mean that a Stout or a nutty brown Ale is in order? What's on tap today gentlepeople?

Adwex

Reaction score
Hello. Once again, it's Friday. Not just any friday, but Black Friday, Nov. 27th. Does this mean that a Stout or a nutty brown Ale is in order? What's on tap today gentlepeople?

It's not a stout, but I cracked one of these open last night after the thanksgiving meal. Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre.
Mmmmmm, yummy, one of my favorites.
I've got 4 left from a case I bought 2 months ago.

2j0nkf7.jpg

dogfish_head_raison_detre_gallery_01-gt_full_width_landscape.jpg

Raison D'Etre | Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales

Adwex

Reaction score
I just opened one of these:

eq5t8h.jpg

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout...the strongest stout in the world...18%ABV.

$9/bottle

It has this wonderfully strong charcoal/woody/chocolaty/smokey - ness to it.
It fills your whole head and sinuses with warmth, and overwhelms the palate with flavor.
mmmmmmmm, yummy.

Then the alcohol hits you. It's like drinking wine.

thrawn86

Reaction score
I totally respect that you love that stuff, but gahhh....I don't think I'd like it. Maybe I'll get some eventually and then find out.

Friday and Saturday were Lost Coast 8 Ball Stout and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Also had some Maker's Mark along the way....rather good!

Adwex

Reaction score
I totally respect that you love that stuff, but gahhh....I don't think I'd like it. Maybe I'll get some eventually and then find out.

It's not what they call a "session beer"...meaning, you don't drink a few of them. Take a bottle and share it with a buddy or your honey. You wouldn't want to drink more than one anyway, it's just overkill.

The 120 minute IPA is even more intense.

thrawn86

Reaction score
Well, yeah...I gathered that. Just the gigantic alcohol content-thing.