Somebody find me this guitar

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
I want it. It has to be in perfectly new condition, unscathed, unmodified, with the original case.

Thanks.

iu

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Vin, I tried to look around for ya, but then I found this and had to go throw up.
View attachment 129404
I remember it was like '78, '79 or '80, when I was at the glass case as a kid, trying to get some strings and picks, and this guy came up next to me with one of those at the counter. He started talking with the sales guy and wanted a refund, but the return date was over, and all they could do was buy it from him, or he could trade it in towards something else. The price, as I recall, was like $800-$1,000 new, and he was really pissed off that they would only give him about half of his money back on a sale or trade.

I didn't get no strings that day.

I learned a lot back then, about how the business of buying, selling, and trading works.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
well, they're easy to find...

NO DOOM, I ALREADY HAVE THAT ONE! :mad:

Attachments

• 1682649345130.jpeg
    1682649345130.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 7

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
then you need a korina! :agreed:...
I tried to buy one from Sweetwater. $10K (before 15% discount). My first choice was sold, the second one had a defect, and I gave up. I was crushed.

The very next day, I realized I had actually been willing to drop about $9K on a '58 Korina Reissue. It was then that I had an epiphany, rolled my eyes in back of my head, fell on the floor, and flopped around like a tasered fish for a while, before coming back to my senses.

So, just to punish myself, I took $10K and invested it in a CD @ 4.125% interest over 2 years. That'll teach me.

Last edited:

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Bottomline with tone of woods is that you have to try the guitar.

I have had white korina/limba, black korina/limba, mahogany, maple, alder, ash and it all boils down to the piece of wood used as far as tone goes.

I have mentioned before that I have a 4.25 lb. white korina/limba that rivals the heavy side of 8-12+ lb. mahogany Les Paul guitars. My opinion of course.

On the other hand my 7 lb. black korina/limba has the least bass/lower tone of wood. It is sharper than my telecaster type guitar.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
:)...

https://Reverb(dot)com/item/5921568...g-v-limited-edition-001-authenticated-78-1997
Sorry for the late response, but the second I saw that photo, I blacked out and fell on the floor until about 10 minutes ago.

Seriously though, back in 2006 I almost ordered one (the year DOOM III multiplayer came out on XBOX360). Those Hamer Vector's were $3,000 then. I emailed them back and forth a couple of times about it. But $3K was an awful lot of money to spend on a guitar, so I put it out of my mind. Looking back, yeah, I should have done it. I had no clue that even those would go up in value.

Just a stunning piece of art.
eqmnrohtdcv1mpestxkb.jpg

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Bottomline with tone of woods is that you have to try the guitar.

I have had white korina/limba, black korina/limba, mahogany, maple, alder, ash and it all boils down to the piece of wood used as far as tone goes.

I have mentioned before that I have a 4.25 lb. white korina/limba that rivals the heavy side of 8-12+ lb. mahogany Les Paul guitars. My opinion of course.

On the other hand my 7 lb. black korina/limba has the least bass/lower tone of wood. It is sharper than my telecaster type guitar.
Got any pics of your V's?