Somebody find me this guitar

• Thread starter Vinsanitizer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
Epiphone have just released a new V in partnership with Gibson Custom shop.

I was tempted, still am, but I have an LP I don’t imagine it would be too different.

But they are cool mothers. Maybe one day . . .

G
I understand that those are built no better than the crappy ones Epiphone's been making since about 1998. I'd like to try one, but $50 says the neck will dive before it even makes it out of the box.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
for Gibson, especially solid color, I like the '80s rear routed V's... (no pickguard)
I saw three of these on the wall at my local shop around 1980-81. I was new at guitar, in my first garage band. We used to go to the store for picks & strings, and just stare at them and the Les Pauls. Back then a LP Standard was around $650.

This was the one I wanted sooooo bad:

iu

dro

Reaction score
I saw three of these on the wall at my local shop around 1980-81. I was new at guitar, in my first garage band. We used to go to the store for picks & strings, and just stare at them and the Les Pauls. Back then a LP Standard was around $650.

iu
That's funny. In the late 70's I used to drool over a Les Paul Artisan. Black, 3 pickup, gorgeous guitar.
I wanna say the price was in the neighborhood of $750.
I couldn't imagine EVER being able to reconcile that kind of price for a guitar.
FF nearly 50 years. Woulda coulda shoulda.
I've heard it said. The only true regrets. Are of things you DIDN'T do.

Wildeman

Reaction score
Pretty sweet Greco, now I want a stinkin V too...Screenshot_20230502-063756~2.pngthere used to be a Michael Shenker Greco in my orbit years ago, it was an outstanding guitar, really hard to tell it from a Gibson.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score

iu
there you go! :wave:

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks brother, I appreciate it. I love the style of the plastics for sure. But that wood, like so many mahogany V's, reminds me of 1970's wall paneling.

I tried.

Personally, I don't like any guitar that looks like furniture. What is in your OP and in the picture I posted are the same to me. I'll stay out of it from here on. Good luck with your quest.

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried.

Personally, I don't like any guitar that looks like furniture. What is in your OP and in the picture I posted are the same to me. I'll stay out of it from here on. Good luck with your quest.
Lol! You don't need to stay out of the thread. It's just that, for my flavor, I don't usually care for dark guitars.

This:

iu

Is obviously much brighter than this:

1683061507799.png

ampeq

Reaction score
-67 reissiue in faded cherry.. use to have one just like it... great necks on those, really easy to set up, easy to play... mine was a bit thin in the lows compared to my les paul.
J
Here you go my friend! Very nice guitar.
https://Reverb(dot)com/item/6630362...ny-fingerboard-clean-w-original-gibson-gigbag

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a V-man myself Vin (Part 1)View attachment 129956
Nice trio. :yesway:
So I have the same the one on the right. Mine's 7.25 lbs, and perfectly balanced while standing up with a strap.
How does that compare to yours?

Care to give us some comparisons between all three? Likes, dislikes, differences in tone, playability, weight, which you prefer and why?

Just got mine around February, so it's a 2022. Perfect fretboard too: dark, with some hints of red in it (can't really see in the photo).

1683490455039.jpeg

Last edited:

Ray Baker

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice trio. :yesway:
So I have the same the one on the right. Mine's 7.25 lbs, and perfectly balanced while standing up with a strap.
How does that compare to yours?

Care to give us some comparisons between all three? Likes, dislikes, differences in tone, playability, weight, which you prefer and why?

Just got mine around February, so it's a 2022. Perfect fretboard too: darks, with some hints of red in it (can't really see in the photo):

View attachment 129966
The Cherry is a '93 I bought new in '93. It has 498t's I don't know what it weighs. I used it for gigging.
The White one is a 2022 70's out of all three it's the most amazing playing. This thing plays so well I'm looking for a '70's Explorer now.
The natural is a '21 and it sounds great and plays exactly like the '93, I only bought it because I have a natural '76 Reissue Explorer.
70's White.PNGNatural V.PNG