• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Song featuring 1980 2204 & 1981 2203 - Frankie McQueen

• Thread starter sdgiffin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sdgiffin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My band just released this music video today and thought some of you might enjoy it.

All of the guitars were tracked with Marshalls. The rhythm tracks were done with a 1981 2203 and the solo and other overdubs were done with a 1980 2204.

Enjoy!

Scott
FMQ

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWaha2ka7AQ"]Frankie McQueen - Drown the Sound[/ame]

Leddyman

Reaction score
I dig it. Nice tight sound, good tone. The vocals reminded me of Ozzy.
Good song, I could listen to that. If I had one criticism I wanted a more developed solo.

sdgiffin

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments man, I'm glad you like it. Live, I sometimes do an extended solo but for the recording, we wanted to keep it a middle 8 guitar section. Short and sweet!

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My band just released this music video today and thought some of you might enjoy it.

All of the guitars were tracked with Marshalls. The rhythm tracks were done with a 1981 2203 and the solo and other overdubs were done with a 1980 2204.

Enjoy!

Scott
FMQ

Frankie McQueen - Drown the Sound

Outstanding! Really liked it. I agree though that solo could be a little tastier.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it. The only thing I'd have preferred is a longer solo ... you were getting some really nice tone, and I was digging the groove of it, so I think I'd probably enjoy the live version you do. Thanks for sharing it!

freak

Reaction score
good song. catchy. imo it didn't need a flashy, or longer solo. it was pretty understated which to me, was good. the song stood on its own, which is the important thing.

please don't call me dude.

or bro.

k thanks.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Solar! Chec out our website Frankie McQueen - Official Website our whole first EP is available for streaming.

We're in the midst of writing a new one with a more stripped down, less produced vibe. Just 4 guys in a room beating the shit out of their instruments! We're really excited about it.

I'll be checking some more out then. Thanx for the link.

Rock feels better raw. Feels better and I like the interaction more. Regular guys giving it hell. Sometimes some really good stuff happens.:applause:

sdgiffin

Reaction score
I'll be checking some more out then. Thanx for the link.

Rock feels better raw. Feels better and I like the interaction more. Regular guys giving it hell. Sometimes some really good stuff happens.:applause:

Awesome, solar. Let me know what you think!

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome, solar. Let me know what you think!

Good R&R man. Lyrically it's pretty raw at times but the vocals are good and really compliments "old school" rock of which I fucking love. The only major critism I can offer you guys is don Bellbottom jeans. That's the only thing missing right now. Trust me on this.:D

I really like the band's sound! Keep kicking ass!:thumb:

Got ya bookmarked.:)

sdgiffin

Reaction score
Good R&R man. Lyrically it's pretty raw at times but the vocals are good and really compliments "old school" rock of which I fucking love. The only major critism I can offer you guys is don Bellbottom jeans. That's the only thing missing right now. Trust me on this.:D

I really like the band's sound! Keep kicking ass!:thumb:

Got ya bookmarked.:)

Thanks, those are great compliments. Our singer is at the weee age of 21, 19 or 20 at the time of the recordings, so lyrically, that's where he was at that time. Still time to grow!

We'll look into the bellbottoms, could be our time bring them back!

Check out the "Making of..." videos on our YouTube channel, gives you an insight into the lyrics, writing process and the recording. Cool stuff.

Latest posts