The Filipe Soares ---> Kemper Profilier Player Vault

• Thread starter Mike_LA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Oh, Crushing Defeat !!!!!
I took the unit out of the box, plugged my guitar in and
it promptly felt off the table and hit the floor. I broke the input jack.

I ordered a couple of different input jacks but these are propitiatory with unthreaded longer input sockets. Had to bring it to the authorized service center, $75 minimum repair and 2 months turn around time.

Never got to even hear it once, damn!

Filipe Soares

Reaction score

I ordered a couple of different input jacks but these are propitiatory with unthreaded longer input sockets. Had to bring it to the authorized service center, $75 minimum repair and 2 months turn around time.

holy fuck! that's really unfortunate. That´s a good wake up call to me: never, ever, drop it!

Mike_LA

Reaction score
holy fuck! that's really unfortunate. That´s a good wake up call to me: never, ever, drop it!
Yah, well I just sent an e-mail to Kemper corporate, we'll see what they say...

Greetings,
I have recently purchased a profiler player pedal.
I took it out of the box, plugged my instrument into it and it promptly fell on the floor breaking the input jack.
Totally my fault, however; when I took it to your authorized service center (Advanced Electronics in Culver City) for repair, they gladly took the basic $75 minimum fee and then informed me that the turn around for the repair of a simple input jack is 2 MONTHS. You really need to find another repair facility. If shipping it to germany will bring faster service please forward that information. I find your repair options FAR from SATISFACTORY.

PentodeLicious

Reaction score

You should consider this as a sign from the tube gods....

paul-e-mann

Reaction score

:shock:

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Ahhh, the saga continues, so apparently the online request goes straight to Germany. Got this response:
Jan Kemper (Kempermusic)

Apr 30, 2024, 09:28 GMT+2

Hello Michael,

I will forward you to my colleagues at Kemper America Repairs.
With best regards,
Kemper Amps Support

jmp45

Reaction score
Crikey Mike, hope it gets resolved quickly. Reminds me of the 2nd week in 73 with my 1959 stack. Feet on the head were not quite right riding on the plastic edge of the the skid pads. Had it cranked and bang, head fell of the stack and bounced off the 60b cab. Speaker cables saved the head, put a dent in the bottom of the cab. Rugged amp though, no problems after that.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Ok, Kemper has great customer service...
Hey Michael,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck! If you can provide me with your shipping address I can email you a return label to have it sent to me in Colorado. Our repair time is quicker that Advanced, plus they do not have the parts in stock to fix this at the moment. I will need to inspect your Player and test before I can give you a quote. We will cover all shipping but you will be responsible for any new components or PCB that are needed. We never charge anything for diagnostics or labor, only the cost of parts. The whole repair process takes around 1-2 weeks and that includes shipping time.
With best regards,
Parker Coffer
Repair Coordinator

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Well, I did the drive back to Advanced and picked up the unit. Promptly took it to UPS, and shipped it out. Hope to have the repair estimate not too late next week.
More as the story progresses.:coffee:

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Greetings, well I'm still waiting for my player to come back from Kemper but, funny thing. The Kemper site has been down for almost a week and when I downloaded profiles from the site, a virus wiped out my music computer. I ONLY connected that machine to the internet to download software, after the download my system was wiped clean. Anyone else experience something like that?

Mike_LA

Reaction score
As in, I should flush the unit down the tube and be done with them?

Honestly I'm thinking about it. This has been one of worst purchases of my life.
$750 Player unit
$316 Player repair
$1200 Lost Computer

Received an email and tracking number saying it was ready to ship 2 days ago, hasn't shipped yet.
Still have never played thru the unit

Last edited:

Mike_LA

Reaction score
Ok, finally fired up the unit.
OMG, kind of happy with it.
There are no bad patches really, (so far) I've played thru the end of the first red set, then I get to the green set and I'm fatigued and have to stop. So that's 15 of 50. Done it twice so far, so it's a commitment to play thru and learn the unit. Never-mind the hundreds of other downloadable choices.
Haven't loaded the rig manager yet , not knowing which amp it's supposed to be is a bit more unbiased..
Anyhow, it sounded like dog s#it thru my headphones, thru 300 watts and (2) 12' wedges, much better. Very responsive to my P90s.
I think I need someone sitting next to me, telling me that what I'm hearing in this example is different from the other 20 in this way... Classifying them in my head is proving difficult.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Ok, finally fired up the unit.
OMG, kind of happy with it.
There are no bad patches really, (so far) I've played thru the end of the first red set, then I get to the green set and I'm fatigued and have to stop. So that's 15 of 50. Done it twice so far, so it's a commitment to play thru and learn the unit. Never-mind the hundreds of other downloadable choices.
Haven't loaded the rig manager yet , not knowing which amp it's supposed to be is a bit more unbiased..
Anyhow, it sounded like dog s#it thru my headphones, thru 300 watts and (2) 12' wedges, much better. Very responsive to my P90s.
I think I need someone sitting next to me, telling me that what I'm hearing in this example is different from the other 20 in this way... Classifying them in my head is proving difficult.
This is sounding promising. I was looking at the Tonex and ended up buying an old Peavey lol. The Peavey is going back and I gotta keep looking at these digital things. My complaint about them is they dont actually work like an amp, they require a power amp to run it like a traditional amp. The Tonex has no built in effects beyond reverb, thats a show stopper. The Kemper has effects right?

I want something that can do everything, run as a traditional amp or run into a PA with no external devices to do so, have multiple channels and volumes, have effects. I'm praying Marshall puts something like this out soon.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
The Tonex has no built in effects beyond reverb, thats a show stopper. The Kemper has effects right?

Yes, the player has FX. The complaint that I have heard is that you are limited to 2 before the amp and 2 after the amp. Not an issue for me. I'm looking for plug and play unit with no real tweaking. So far this unit is working as advertised. Wereas with most units that I have tried I can quickly cycle thru the unacceptable sounds, with this unit I am spending 5 to 10 minutes on each one. Going to take a while to listen to all 50.

I want something that can do everything, run as a traditional amp or run into a PA with no external devices to do so, have multiple channels and volumes, have effects.
All it needs is the amplification of your choice. Stereo thru the 1/4" monitor out or mono thru the xlr out.

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
I’m still basically playing with the KPP directly to my audio monitors since I got back from vacations and I haven’t fired up any of my amps. I’m still very happy and satisfied with my sounds

You should use the rig manager, the stuff is way easier to edit using it and to keep it easy try to filter by the gain level you are looking for and the highest scores. That will make things way simpler. MBritt stuff and Tue Madsen stuff is amazing.

jmp45

Reaction score
BTW connect to your computer via wifi, so you won’t trip in any wire.

Nice Mike you got that resolved. I running ToneX into the loop of a Helix. Still getting acclimated to this digital stuff. Wifi or bluetooth connection to ios, osx and pc would be really nice. That's not happening with that gear. Maybe 3rd party adapters, I'm not going to mess with that.

Mike_LA

Reaction score
MBritt stuff and Tue Madsen stuff is amazing.
Ahh, good to know.
Only have a few hours on it so far, I have the manager loaded and ready to go but just want to play it for a bit.
Will start with the MBritt profiles when I do.
Going thru 300 watts and (2) 12" wedges, no complaints

20240605_195553.jpg