the great MARSHALL shootout!!!

• Thread starter big dooley
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

which of the 4 amps do you like?

• no doubt, the first one!

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • the second amp was awesome!

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • the third amp ruled!

Votes: 67 59.3%
  • the fourth amp was simply the best!

Votes: 12 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lespaulnmarshall

Reaction score
They all sound good! Number two needs to be set up properly though. This clip proves that the Valvestate definately is the best bang for the buck!

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
They all sound good! Number two needs to be set up properly though. This clip proves that the Valvestate definately is the best bang for the buck!

you can say that again... payed €200,- for that little sucker... the only thing i've changed was the internal speaker for a T75, as i had 4 of them laying around after the speaker swap on my 1936 cabs... i did change the little tube inside as well, but that didn't make much of a difference

it's very funny, the whole combo weights as much as my JVM head on it's own :D

i'd say it is a very good amp for home practice and as a backup

jcmjmp

Reaction score
you can say that again... payed €200,- for that little sucker... the only thing i've changed was the internal speaker for a T75, as i had 4 of them laying around after the speaker swap on my 1936 cabs... i did change the little tube inside as well, but that didn't make much of a difference

it's very funny, the whole combo weights as much as my JVM head on it's own :D

i'd say it is a very good amp for home practice and as a backup

But the lineup hasn't been divulged yet. When will you spill the beans, Dooley?

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
But the lineup hasn't been divulged yet. When will you spill the beans, Dooley?

people are still voting, so not yet...

in fact... tonight im gonna travel to france... my girlfriends brother lives there... i'm gonna be gone for a couple of days... but who knows, maybe i chime in next week...

the lester and the valvestate are already packed :D

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

in fact... tonight im gonna travel to france... my girlfriends brother lives there... i'm gonna be gone for a couple of days... but who knows, maybe i chime in next week...

:mad::Ohno::slap::D

Ken

Reaction score

What a tease!!! I'm especially curious on #'s 3 and 4; the easy winner and loser.

Ken

Moose Coghill

Reaction score
Moose Hut Studio - Amherst, VA 24521 - USA
I started reading this thread - then quit and went to the file to keep from being influenced by opinion... but based on what I heard, I voted like most for #3.

The 'chunk' on #1 & 4 was messy (the first thing I judge an amp by); however - #2 had a nice tight chunk, but there is some digital breakup on the recording that may influence the overall perception (listened to this on studio monitors). I can hear potential for #2 with different EQ settings. I would have loved to had access to .wav's instead of mp3.

Killer shootout, btw! Many thanks - can't wait to see what models these were (especially since I'm in transition right now).

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
I started reading this thread - then quit and went to the file to keep from being influenced by opinion... but based on what I heard, I voted like most for #3.

The 'chunk' on #1 & 4 was messy (the first thing I judge an amp by); however - #2 had a nice tight chunk, but there is some digital breakup on the recording that may influence the overall perception (listened to this on studio monitors). I can hear potential for #2 with different EQ settings. I would have loved to had access to .wav's instead of mp3.

Killer shootout, btw! Many thanks - can't wait to see what models these were (especially since I'm in transition right now).

i do have them in wav files, but soundclick wouldn't let me upload them...

JohnH

Reaction score
simple really, as big D will confirm when he gets back, it's obviously:

1. 800
2. 900
3. JVM
4. VS

definately either that or something else

Hamohapic

Reaction score
i vote for #3, it sounded the best to me. It would be insane if this ends up being like a Marshall MG series amp. lol :D just sayin!!! :)

poeman33

Reaction score
I listened to them through speakers instead of headphones...My guess
1. 900
2. ValveState
3. 800
4. JVM

I wish you could combine some of the elements of all of them.