• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Jub is here to stay. Not a ltd edition

• Thread starter The Ozzk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rokinroller

Reaction score
Happy about that because I really like the Silver Jube. The Chris George demo sold me on it big time ....among some other really good demo's of it in action. I dig that Jube sound either its cleans or gain , its what I like. Just have to find one on sale that I can afford . Willing to sacrifice my DSL100 head towards a Jube new or used .

plexilespaul

Reaction score
good to hear. played my jube tonight with my band and i was smiling all night long. what a f!#@@%$@ing fat tone...just immense.and the chunk...big fat and juicy. i just hope the reissue is as good as the original. keep it up marshall!!

Ken

Reaction score
Marshall is asking over $2k for the 4100 reissue...while originals sell for $400 on a good day because...well you know. What's the price on the Jube reissue? How does it compare to the actual used market?

Ken

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I heard they will be only reissued the first year in silver then after that they will be black. I'll wait for a black one to try and maybe buy.

dreyn77

Reaction score
I think LOTS of people heard Edward play this amp and ed didn't sound like ed and so they WROTE OFF the amp as garbage, and never gave it a second look.

what it is and what it does you guys are now enjoying. great! go for it!
once the factory is geared up to make it, they may as well just keep churning them out.
{there's many different perspectives on this, of course ;) }

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
2015 is shaping up to be a very exciting year for us at Marshall, and we can't wait to show off what we're working on. The 2555X is a permanent part of our Vintage Re-Issue Series, so it's here for good or until we tell you otherwise!

I like this. :yesway:

I watched a Marshall video of it a while back, and it does sound good!

Aletheia

Reaction score
It is indeed a very good thing to have in the lineup. It really blew me away trying it out, particularly given that (with my knowledge of the Marshall lineup of past and present a great deal smaller than now,) I'd been expecting a straight up 80's hair metal machine and nothing more; a one trick pony. How wrong I realised I'd been when I messed around with all it can do, particularly when the Gain's rolled back a bit and it gives this beautiful, warm, complex crunch. I love it.

As for the rumour of the silver only being one year and then black continuing after, I mentioned this to the Marshall rep when he was in the store and he said he hadn't heard anything like that. *shrugs* of course they're currently pushing their custom tolex and grille options, which if I remember right are at no extra cost if you're ordering from the factory anyway, so you could just order it in black from the factory (dunno if import costs differ between special orders and big shipments outside the UK though). Probably couldn't get the gold panel either...

axe arsenal

Reaction score
Silver has more Mojo. :cool:
Yes, I always liked the cosmetics of that amp.
In fact, I bought an original one when they came out (in '87 I guess?) but sold it after less than a year. When people ask me which amps I had in the past, I tend to forget that one. Can't remember much of it.Didn't like it that much to keep it.

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
In fact, I bought an original one when they came out (in '87 I guess?) but sold it after less than a year. When people ask me which amps I had in the past, I tend to forget that one

You must have blanked out that you sold it. :D

thegaindeli

Reaction score
I'm fine with the price of the head, but $1200.00 for a 4x12 cabinet? :scratch:

Okay... I see the 1960 A/BV cabs are the same price.

Guitar-Sam

Reaction score
In fact, I bought an original one when they came out (in '87 I guess?) but sold it after less than a year. When people ask me which amps I had in the past, I tend to forget that one. Can't remember much of it.Didn't like it that much to keep it.

I had a 2554 from 1987 I tried more tubes in that thing trying to find that magic tone but ultimately it never cut it for me. I always found it harsh and fizzy it was just ok to me

dreyn77

Reaction score
I think you'll find ALL of these new products are BIG improvements of the earlier models.
as any great artist does, they get MUCH better at what they do and what they offer you the older they get.

doesn't matter if you're a wide collector or a narrow collector, this amp still has lots of things to offer you.

just like pedals of the same name but from different years, they're not the same and they have different uses. but it's still in the same theme as the name suggests.
like a fine wine or chedder, they just keep getting better and better. :)

Latest posts