• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Official Marshall DSL40c Information Thread

• Thread starter Micky
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

rlowe

Reaction score
This may be a bit off topic dsl40c that is, but a couple of months earlier I purchased then posted a vid about the EH silencer noise gate. About a week after using the pedal it would crackle and buzz when I engaged it, or touched the cables with the pedal failing at times. I had Sweetwater replace it only to have this one do the same. I use Mogami and some live wire patch cables so I say what the heck, they work fine with my other pedals, but not with this pedal. I have tried about everything same results. I think for $65.00 you get what you pay for, and I will be getting a credit for this pedal towards a MXR noise gate, or something else.

BanditPanda

Reaction score
This may be a bit off topic dsl40c that is, but a couple of months earlier I purchased then posted a vid about the EH silencer noise gate. About a week after using the pedal it would crackle and buzz when I engaged it, or touched the cables with the pedal failing at times. I had Sweetwater replace it only to have this one do the same. I use Mogami and some live wire patch cables so I say what the heck, they work fine with my other pedals, but not with this pedal. I have tried about everything same results. I think for $65.00 you get what you pay for, and I will be getting a credit for this pedal towards a MXR noise gate, or something else.

I presume you are running it with a power block of some kind? Does it do the same thing when running off of battery power?

Bownse

Reaction score

Bummer. I got the same box after reading a review here. (Don't know if it was yours but the timing seems about right.)

Been using mine without a problem but I usually am not stomping on it (or even turning it off) so perhaps mine isn't getting the mechanical workout yours has.

I'm using mine with AC power on a 5-gang combo adapter, a basic power strip, and a Furman power strip up stream from that.

Last edited:

rlowe

Reaction score
Bummer. I got the same box after reading a review here. (Don't know if it was yours but the timing seems about right.)

Been using mine without a problem but I usually am not stomping on it (or even turning it off) so perhaps mine isn't getting the mechanical workout yours has.

I'm using mine with AC power on a 5-gang combo adapter, a basic power strip, and a Furman power strip up stream from that.
I remember posting the ElectroHarmonix review a while back. The first pedal would die when switch pressed and if you moved, or touched the cords they would crackle. The second pedal produced the crackle when touched, or moving the cord. I have used battery, and single 9v adapter with Furman power strip, but still the same result. Anyway's this pedal will be exchanged soon!

Bownse

Reaction score
Mine's not the first or last pedal in the string, so no stress on the jacks. No stomping the switch so no mechanical stress there, too. Bad soldering, maybe?

ken361

Reaction score
Picked up a mini ts808 tube screamer yesterday for my single coil strat:) have to try loud yet but it does beef the gain up on them single coils. I want to use it on the red 1 with the gain low on the pedal and not too much added noise. I also tried the TC Spark boost both seem to add some gain but i noticed the tube screamer broke up the clean channel nicely opposed to the clean boost just staying clean. 65.00 new the manager hooked me up:)

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys put some clips up with your pedals. This amp loves good pedals. Post them up! I wanna hear what yer getting. Fuck the dress up.LOL

ken361

Reaction score
Exchanged the TS for TC spark boost,has more low end.Crank it Saturday let ya all know the out come

Last edited:

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good!!! What were the amp setting and guitar settings including what pup, bridge or neck??

Lead 2:Best I can remember and usually where I keep it with my ESP1000 and Fender Tele Gold Top.

Gain=3
Treble=3
Middle=7
Bass=6
Presence=4
Resonance=6
Volume=3

Bridge=Super Distortion
Neck=Paf Joe

I toggled through the bridge/neck pups only adjusting guitar volume.

ken361

Reaction score
Dropped a pair of tungsol 34s in very dynamic. Little bright so let's see in a 24 hr burn in. Also got a mxr compressor it beefs the red channel up

Last edited:

EricDunno

Reaction score
Hey fellas! I've been following this thread and I've decided to join in since I'm also a DSL40c lover!
Although I have it for a couple months, I'm still figuring it out everyday, therefore, as it is only natural, there are a few things I'd like to change and I'm not sure how to change them.
For starters, which mod can I do to change the useless reverb control on the footswitch for, say, clean to crunch and od1 to od2?
and what are your favorite valves/speaker for it?

ken361

Reaction score
cant switch those modes, either only crunch or clean on channel 1 and channel 2 red 1 or red 2 one reason for the lower cost

Bownse

Reaction score
As for tubes. It's like asking what is "best" in any category of anything. It's entirely up to the user. There are discussions in this thread about what different people have tried and (dis)liked with their reasoning; far too many to repeat in a summary post.

That being said, here's my tube log:

DSL40C%20Tube%20Record.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts