The Official Marshall DSL40c Information Thread

• Thread starter Micky
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mark123

Reaction score
... Ask Marty or Alan for their recommendations if you want the most experienced opinion. ...
I've seen Marty mentioned but have no idea how to contact this person. Is that this person's screen name on the forum?

ken361

Reaction score
Anyone using Audacity to record:) got a newer computer and was using Ableton Live 8 free addition but I cant find a good realible down load. Audiacity is giving me problems getting sound with both channels,only getting sound from the right side.

J.LaGrassa

Reaction score
Anyone using Audacity to record:) got a newer computer and was using Ableton Live 8 free addition but I cant find a good realible down load. Audiacity is giving me problems getting sound with both channels,only getting sound from the right side.

I use Audacity but just for editing, what Interface are you using?

Bownse

Reaction score

I record with Garage Band and then mix down with Audacity often.

As for an external 412 cab, I find the closed-back 212 cab to be very good too.

http://www.fjr-tips.org/misc/amp/DSL40C_Mod/A_Project.html#9

whitecloud

Reaction score
Harrison Mixbuss usually on sale for like 40 bucks, then there's Reaper, Me it's hard to break away from Cubase as I have used it for so many years.
Shoot many of the new and even lower end sound cards come with free lite versions of Certain DAW's. Some of these audio interfaces are under 150 bucks. Many times old interfaces aren't current with their drivers so it is usually that instead of the recording software

nikola

Reaction score
Guys, just wanted to find out if you have blown a speaker with this amp, regardless of amp settings?

I am asking this on the back of a blown speaker which is rated at 75W and kinda feeling bummed about it because it is one of those rare occasions where I get to crank the amp and the speaker burns.

On the "bright" note, the stock 70/80 speaker is going back into the amp

J.LaGrassa

Reaction score
Guys, just wanted to find out if you have blown a speaker with this amp, regardless of amp settings?

I am asking this on the back of a blown speaker which is rated at 75W and kinda feeling bummed about it because it is one of those rare occasions where I get to crank the amp and the speaker burns.

On the "bright" note, the stock 70/80 speaker is going back into the amp

I Never have but I've never cranked the amp past 4 with out getting yelled at...:ohno:

J.LaGrassa

Reaction score
Well I'm going to re-visit the Celestion Creamback 65 again should have it on Wed, the CB65 was the other speaker I enjoyed other than the V-Type. The CB65 has a fatter tone compared to the V-Type and kind of missed it, If it works out I will put the V-Type in an extension cab. I thought about trying the Redback but decided against it thinking it may be too warm for my liking.

ken361

Reaction score
Harrison Mixbuss usually on sale for like 40 bucks, then there's Reaper, Me it's hard to break away from Cubase as I have used it for so many years.
Shoot many of the new and even lower end sound cards come with free lite versions of Certain DAW's. Some of these audio interfaces are under 150 bucks. Many times old interfaces aren't current with their drivers so it is usually that instead of the recording software
Got it working I had to reconfigure the speakers,mic ect. It was located were that little speaker icon near the clock on the bottom right