The Official Marshall Origin 50 Thread

• Thread starter MarshallDog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Sweetwater called me and the amp is in. I paid and it is shipping today. Should have it Tuesday!!!!!

I just got the tracking info. Cant wait to see how she sounds.

My gut tells me I will change the speaker to a Creamback G12-65 and get rid of those Marshall labeled JJ tubes...yuck! Maybe installed Mullards EL34s and either the Mullard 12AX7 CV4004 or The Tube Store Preferred Series 7025s.

I have a 3 Henry Classic Tone Choke and might toss that in down the road.

Anyone think we should start a thread just for the Origin 50 amps......

Last edited:

Snowdogyyz

Reaction score
Mine is here! Not sure when I’ll get to play it yet. Don’t expect a demo from me as I’m a newer player and I’ve seen the comments when someone is nice enough to go through the trouble of posting one. Screw that! Here’s some pics though.
lsF02DF.jpg

jwWuXlZ.jpg

Z0XIk9F.jpg

7C46P71.jpg

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Looks great nice!!! I bet it will sound great. Strat, Gibson LP or both into it???

Reactions: sls

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Both! Plus an EVH Special. I’m more of a humbucker guy than single coils (my strats are HSS & HSS).

Same here humbuckers all the way. I do have a Strat but find I dont play it much.

I bet that amp smells good right out of the box...LOL!

Did you get it from Sweetwater?

Snowdogyyz

Reaction score
Same here humbuckers all the way. I do have a Strat but find I dont play it much.

I bet that amp smells good right out of the box...LOL!

Did you get it from Sweetwater?

Actually bought it from an Amazon seller Total Music Choice, I think. Bought one from another seller and then they gave me a late May ship date despite saying “in stock”. I cancelled and then another was listed so I bought it and they shipped the next day. Love the smell of new amps in the morning!

SlyStrat

Reaction score
Please give us the dimensions. It looks more square shape than the Marshall specs.

BanditPanda

Reaction score
Looking at the back, what did Marshall do? It looks like the speaker is isolated with a baffle in the back inset. Is that isolated from the amp?

jwWuXlZ.jpg

you're right jmp! That is either a thicker than usual combo or a thinner than usual speaker based on that look. ??

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
Looking at the back, what did Marshall do? It looks like the speaker is isolated with a baffle in the back inset. Is that isolated from the amp?

jwWuXlZ.jpg

It's just a grill clothed panel, presumably to keep you from jamming a cable or something through the speaker cone! I don't beleive it to have any "sonic" significance.
Just Sayin'
Gene

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You get it and can't play it for us?:mad:

I keed. Congratz!

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweetwater called me and the amp is in. I paid and it is shipping today. Should have it Tuesday!!!!!

I just got the tracking info. Cant wait to see how she sounds.

My gut tells me I will change the speaker to a Creamback G12-65 and get rid of those Marshall labeled JJ tubes...yuck! Maybe installed Mullards EL34s and either the Mullard 12AX7 CV4004 or The Tube Store Preferred Series 7025s.

I have a 3 Henry Classic Tone Choke and might toss that in down the road.

Anyway thought we should start a thread just for the Origin 50 amps......

Looking forward to your thoughts. Play the shit stock good so I can hear what you think then tweak. I may get one of these too. Course I'll stroke it out too...after awhile.:eddie:

Latest posts