The Official Marshall Origin 50 Thread

• Thread starter MarshallDog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I have a bad habit of posting the same material, but this is a dry track testing a joyo ultimate drive, but my dumb ass didn’t turn it on till you see me walk over and look at it. About 3/4’s of the way through the clip, enjoy brother’s. Cheers Mitch

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I have a bad habit of posting the same material, but this is a dry track testing a joyo ultimate drive, but my dumb ass didn’t turn it on till you see me walk over and look at it. About 3/4’s of the way through the clip, enjoy brother’s. Cheers Mitch

You were having too much fun and forgot the daem pedal.LOL

Marshallz can do that to us.

Pedal boosted nicely by the way.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty decent. I'm getting some delay/chorus but that could just be the phone thing. Where are you running the master volume?
I had it at 3 on the mid power setting, thanks bro, and if you’re getting a delay or chorus, it’s from the phone being 20’ away and the concrete floor of the garage. Cheers Mitch

steveb63

Reaction score

Sounds sweet. Nice change up.

Another tone in your toolbox.

Objector

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Sounds like maybe a power tube or pre amp tube shit the bed. Like Mitch said, start replacing pre amp tubes then the power tubes. The stock tubes are crap IMO!

It's in getting sorted,under warranty can't afford to start changing stuff on a two week old amp. I'd also prefer to get to know it stock before making changes.

Hopefully it is only a tube though. That should mean it's not the amp at fault as such.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
It's in getting sorted,under warranty can't afford to start changing stuff on a two week old amp. I'd also prefer to get to know it stock before making changes.

Hopefully it is only a tube though. That should mean it's not the amp at fault as such.
These amps rock my ears. Proud as hell of mine. You will have yours back soon bro, then put her through the ringer and play it loud. Cheers Mitch

unkhunter

Reaction score
PLEASE TAKE IT EASY ON ME HERE:
Okay, I have searched and gone over tons of posts but this thread is so long that I am having trouble finding out anything about what speakers y'all have tried out in your 50 combos. I'm good on tubes since I bought some jjs and tung sols from the tube depot and also learned how to bias the thing too but I want to play around with speaker replacements. I am all about loud and heavy rock but like to dial it back some too occasionally. I LOVE using dirt and boost pedals. Ideas?

Last edited:

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have searched and gone over tons of posts but this thread is so long that I am having trouble finding out anything about what speakers y'all have tried out in your 50 combos. I'm good on tubes since I bought some jjs and tung sols from the tube depot and also learned how to bias the thing too but I want to play around with speaker replacements. I am all about loud and heavy rock but like to dial it back some too occasionally. I LOVE using dirt and boost pedals. Ideas?

My kinda player! Welcome to the forum.:eddie:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum new MF’r, try a green back, or cream back, I am using a mg cab,lol, but plan on the upgrade to both I have mentioned. Cheers Mitch

Objector

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, it sounds like a preamp tube.

And it was indeed. Finally got it back today but won't probably have much chance to crank it for a while.

In my boredom waiting,I've decided I need a cover (might try to make one), and lifting it out to the car I thought how much I like the wheels on my 4x12( I might just buy a dolly to solve that problem).
I was also wondering how hard it would be to try it with a closed back. Like slot a piece in with a hole for the cable. I'm sure I'll be way too lazy to look into that though.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
And it was indeed. Finally got it back today but won't probably have much chance to crank it for a while.

In my boredom waiting,I've decided I need a cover (might try to make one), and lifting it out to the car I thought how much I like the wheels on my 4x12( I might just buy a dolly to solve that problem).
I was also wondering how hard it would be to try it with a closed back. Like slot a piece in with a hole for the cable. I'm sure I'll be way too lazy to look into that though.
Just plug it into the back of your cab, they sound great coming through a cab. Cheers Mitch

Viboluxe

Reaction score
257EA1AA-4478-4A9A-95BA-2ED9431E2784.jpeg

Hi, longtime lurker first time poster. I tried searching the forum for this without any luck which leads me to believe this may be a dumb question!

I just got a Marshall Origin 50 combo, which comes with a 16 ohm 12” internal speaker. I happen to have a 12” Cannabis Rex speaker that’s 8 ohm. Can I install it and plug it into the 8 ohm output jack instead of using the 16 ohm output jack that the current stock speaker is plugged into?

I attached a screenshot from the manual. Any help is appreciated!

MarshallDog

Reaction score

Welcome to the Forum.

I have used the G12m - 65 Creamback. Sounds great but a touch dull for this amp IMO. So I tried the G12H - 75 Creamback. Its louder but tge tone has just a little more bite to it. Not brite just right IMO. It will be staying.