• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Official Marshall Studio Vintage Thread Sv20h

• Thread starter Michael Roe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
I'm not going to commit to saying your amp is faulty. The high treble side does dominate. Even bridged it is either very much there on 1 whereas the normal side is a lot more linear. It can be perceived as louder because it can wallop a set of ears it is so cutting.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Hi Scozz. Yes I'm jumpering, and it certainly does make a difference but not as much as I had expected....the high treble channel seems to dominate. Hence my query to see if anyone else experienced (what seems to me to be) lower volume on the normal channel.
Thanks for replying.
R.
The 2 top inputs should be about the same volume, but treble side may "seem" louder. Same goes with the 2 lower inputs, should be about the same, but treble may "seem" louder.

Edit:
Sounds like we're all saying basically the same thing.

Last edited:

robaxeman

Reaction score
Guys I really appreciate your responses. Now an admission of stupidity :facepalm: I always thought that the two inputs on each channel were just for jumpering, and therefore identical.....but now I know better, so maybe that is having an impact. I need to spend some time experimenting with those and hopefully confirm my amp is not bust (I know, shameful!).
Thanks again.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys I really appreciate your responses. Now an admission of stupidity :facepalm: I always thought that the two inputs on each channel were just for jumpering, and therefore identical.....but now I know better, so maybe that is having an impact. I need to spend some time experimenting with those and hopefully confirm my amp is not bust (I know, shameful!).
Thanks again.
The most popular is guitar into top left then jumper from bottom left to top right. In pre loop days we would also use the jumper for pedals.....i.e. bottom left to pedals then pedals to top right.

Last edited:

G the wildman

Reaction score
Hi Scozz. Yes I'm jumpering, and it certainly does make a difference but not as much as I had expected....the high treble channel seems to dominate. Hence my query to see if anyone else experienced (what seems to me to be) lower volume on the normal channel.
Thanks for replying.
R.
Yes I have lower volume on the normal channel but not detrimental.

G

G the wildman

Reaction score
Guys, I have just made the serendipitous find. That my Boss EQ pedal works in the SV fx loop without a power adapter. Why?

Will this do harm?

Is this the case with all amps and all pedals?

G

Tiboy

Reaction score
Who is using an EQ pedal with the SV20? Which one? In front or in the loop? Full time tone shaping or primarily solo volume boost?

TXOldRedRocker

Classic Rock or die! -- Patrick Henry
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is using an EQ pedal with the SV20? Which one? In front or in the loop? Full time tone shaping or primarily solo volume boost?

For tone shaping... I have tried a number of them, from 4 knob, 5 knob, up to 10 band EQ. Personally, I don't find the need to use a multi-band EQ, like my 10 band EQ, on a dirty amp. I am happy with a TC Spark Boost. I use it strictly as a clean boost, and love it. And I use it as the last pedal in the fx loop.

For solo boost, I have an Xotic Super Clean before the amp, and/or use dynamics.

WellBurnTheSky

Reaction score
I'm using the Source Audio Programmable EQ in the loop, as a lead boost. I've also used the Boss GE-7, sounds fine but the Source Audio is more easily tweakable.