• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The Official Marshall Studio Vintage Thread Sv20h

• Thread starter Michael Roe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Silverdome

Reaction score
I like the way you roll.

You'll like this too. After playing my JCM900 SLX there's no way I can part with that amp. I have so many memories of writing songs with it with my band and playing gigs with it. This summer some lady flashed us at an outdoor gig which I take as high praise for the music. With a good amp you accumulate some sentimental memories. The answer is to figure out a way to keep this one and fund the Sv20H. At some point soon I'm going to have three Marshalls!

George Dickens

Reaction score
On a different note:
I took delivery of my marshall SV20C today.

Anyways...The perforated metal cage in the back bottom area had never been installed and was just stuck to the magnet.
There are no holes in the area where it would have been attached.
Im leaning towards just leaving it off/out rather than drilling and screwing it in as it is appaently suppose to be.
Odd to see this?
Anyone else seen this?

Last edited:

George Dickens

Reaction score
No - mine was screwed on like it ought to be.

Thanks I wasnt sure if it was suppose to be like that or not. These days one never knows.

Nice to see Marshall has retained someof that Hand built by human beings Quality. ;-)

I think Ill just leave it off as it hinders access-to my extra junk stash :))

Ive been lucky that it wasnt able to travel too far and destroy those tubes.

Attachments

• DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    333.7 KB · Views: 22

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Thanks I wasnt sure if it was suppose to be like that or not. These days one never knows.

Nice to see Marshall has retained someof that Hand built by human beings Quality. ;-)

I think Ill just leave it off as it hinders access-to my extra junk stash :))

Ive been lucky that it wasnt able to travel too far and destroy those tubes.
That looks like the tolex of a 2525C in your photo, did you get a special covering?

Last edited:

George Dickens

Reaction score
That looks like the tolex of a 2525C in your photo, did you get a special covering?
It doesnt have the same texture, at least not as the originals.

The the photo color is deceiving a bit but its just white not silver.
It may be the same texture.

The grain isnt like the original silver jube 4x10 cab I used to have but rather a bit more coarse and varied.

I just liked it for the tolex name "White Elephant" as its fitting. :))

George Dickens

Reaction score
Ya thats the same...almost. It probably has the cage in the back installed though. The one I have was NOS and is from 2020 so I got in at a better price...heres a shot...
The tolex closeups show the texture...its nice for sure.
I have a lot of shot I took when I was setting it up and checking it over prior to burn-in.
Porbably didnt need to these days? but old habits die hard and after the loose cage well...and its 2 years old nearly;;

View attachment 99184 amp2b.JPG

tidying up the input wires a little-
checked for any damage-only thing is a scratchy precense control,
everything looks perfect-it even passed my hit with the rubber hammer test-not a peep!
burned it in for an hour or two
now at everything dimed at full it sounds .. perfect,
and I havent even plugged a guiar in yet.

Last edited:

Zylo

Reaction score
slightly off topic

checking the prices of a standalone Head vs a combo.. the combo seems to be cheaper?

what gives?