The Stratocaster Thread

• Thread starter j2112c
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adwex

Reaction score
My black mexi-strat with a hot rails. I haven't played it since I got the Les Paul, but I still have it.

2gsmpg1.jpg

262w0o6.jpg

tonefreak

Reaction score
I love the Transparent Orange stain they put on it... really gorgeous... if I had that guitar I would have to go to the pet shop to buy something special to buff up that lovely finish.... somethng like... this....

images

BAHAHAHAHAHA

chimney sweep! climb up the ladder, drop it down, let it do the rest.

or let it run around on your car hood untill it had a nice shiny sheen to it. lol

j2112c

Reaction score
My black mexi-strat with a hot rails. I haven't played it since I got the Les Paul, but I still have it.

2gsmpg1.jpg

262w0o6.jpg

I cannot see them.... ah... now I have blue squares... perhaps I will try later and it is just a technical gremlin.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this will work...trying to put pics on NOT as attachments so lets see if it works. Some detail pics of the Strat relic project guitar I built. http://www.marshallforum.com/member...ic-strat-project-guitar-picture4748-relic.jpg

http://www.marshallforum.com/member...rat-project-guitar-picture4749-relic-body.jpg

Close up of custom made shallow trem block to suit the affinity squire body (narrower than a USA strat).
http://www.marshallforum.com/member...rat-project-guitar-picture4752-trem-block.jpg
Callaham trem units are better than vintage Fenders....note the off centre low E to give me a little more room on the fretboard....you Strat players will know it can be a little tight with vintage string spacing.
http://www.marshallforum.com/member...lic-strat-project-guitar-picture4751-trem.jpg
The 2 pics of the flame neck don't really do it justice...will have to get a better camera!!
http://www.marshallforum.com/member...strat-project-guitar-picture4621-pic-1793.jpg
http://www.marshallforum.com/member...ic-strat-project-guitar-picture4750-neck2.jpg
Hope this works then:fingersx:

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the pics are there but not without having to click on the url....if anyone can tell me how to put pics on so you can see them without clicking can you let me know.....:confused::confused::confused::confused:

racersteen68

Reaction score
My favourite Gary Moore song AND solo. Nicely done mate.:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:
I like the sound of the HT5 and you have an unusual vibrato (this is a good thing) it is unique... good going.
Thanks alot! May do vid with Yngwie strat of more Gary Moore type stuff.
Hate filming, get tense when red light comes on, each take is never perfect! ho hum, it's guitar not cancer.

Last edited:

Sepp

Reaction score
I LOVE strats!!!
I've had upwards of 20something of them at a time, but the herd has thinned a bit over the years. (more quality, than quantity)
These are all keepers.

from left to right
-MIJ '70's reissue, with HS3's, and a scalloped board. Nice Malmsteen look to it
-MIJ '50's reissue....this thing is a cannon.
-1972 (late in the year) Black with an ash body, rather heavy.
-1985 Squire neck..scalloped board, on a 1969 body
-Eric Johnson Signature (awesome guitar!!!!..totally blows me away everytime I play it.)
-1972 (January!) Sunburst light as a feather...one of the last strats with a single string tree, and pat-pend multi-piece bridge..this thing is a monster...still has all of the original bits/paperwork!
-Robert Cray Signature, very punchy clear as a bell
-Ritchie Blackmore Signature. I love the scalloped fretboard on this one, but the pups are waay too dark

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz117.jpg

Last edited:

kebek

Reaction score
i have many guitars... but the strats beats them all...

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen one of THESE on this thread yet. Meet my 1979 Fender "Antigua ("Puke-Burst")" strat. He sounds INCREDIBLE, plays like a dream, and is a rare bird indeed. He's also all-original except for one saddle height screw and two coats of shielding paint inside the body.

Doug2.jpg

-Lane

Was so close to buying one of those back in 1980!!....ended up buying a white one with black plate and maple board....the one the finish fell off within 2 years.:(

poeman33

Reaction score
I LOVE strats!!!
I've had upwards of 20something of them at a time, but the herd has thinned a bit over the years. (more quality, than quantity)
These are all keepers.

from left to right
-MIJ '70's reissue, with HS3's, and a scalloped board. Nice Malmsteen look to it
-MIJ '50's reissue....this thing is a cannon.
-1972 (late in the year) Black with an ash body, rather heavy.
-1985 Squire neck..scalloped board, on a 1969 body
-Eric Johnson Signature (awesome guitar!!!!..totally blows me away everytime I play it.)
-1972 (January!) Sunburst light as a feather...one of the last strats with a single string tree, and pat-pend multi-piece bridge..this thing is a monster...still has all of the original bits/paperwork!
-Robert Cray Signature, very punchy clear as a bell
-Ritchie Blackmore Signature. I love the scalloped fretboard on this one, but the pups are waay too dark

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz117.jpg

I love pictures like this. Whenever my wife says I have enough guitars, I can show her pics like this :)

Sepp

Reaction score
I love pictures like this. Whenever my wife says I have enough guitars, I can show her pics like this :)

:headbanger:

I'm glad I can help out.
You can also tell her I said, all of mine are soo very different in tone as well...hence so many.

HoboMan

Reaction score
My USA Strat. I'm not a big Strat fan but this was hanging on the wall at GC.
It was used and I had a $100 Off coupon.
I got it for $525 out the door.
Plays & sounds Fantastic.

Strat1.jpg

Strat2.jpg

Strat3.jpg

Strat4.jpg