The Stratocaster Thread

• Thread starter j2112c
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
puttin a floyd on my classic strat! i found this picture any one know where i can get one? HELP ME
BP0018010.jpg

Can someone please tell me what this is! i mean a lock nut yes!
but do they make these? and where can i get one! HELP
this would be a great alternative!

Take a look at Super-Vee trems before you do anything. The Super-Vee model is as good as a Floyd and you don't have to route the body of your strat to get the bridge in. The nut is a little different looking but not too bad. I have one on a homemade Strat I built a few years ago and the trem rocks! www.super-vee.com

j2112c

Reaction score
No one posted on here for a while so I'll give it a boot. Just been farting on this Strat for a while. I hadn't played it in ages and forgot what great tone and feel it has (3 Texas Specials). It's made up from a Fat Strat body and a Mighty Mite neck

georgiatec-albums-guitars-picture5121-black-rosewood-strat.jpg

Nice Pickguard... T.

Funny you should give the thread a boot as I was talking about joining a funk/soul band with a guy this week and so I tried messing with some funk licks with a few guitars... only one did it ... the Strat... for funk... nothing like a Strat in position 4!!!!

Good band name... FuNk PoSiTioN 4:lol:

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a pawn shop Squier strat around here that they are only asking $85 for. The pickguard has been hacked all up, but the neck on that thing is beautiful. It's been played so much the finish on the neck is mostly gone. The finish left on the headstock is flaking off in big chunks, but it feels great and has some serious mojo happening. If it's still there when I have some folding money I may have to pick it up for a future project.

Riffraff

Reaction score
I'd stick with locking tuners. That's quite a beastly looking thing.

Cheers, Barrie.

+1

I've been real pleased with the locking tuners on my Deluxe. There is absolutely no need for a locking nut when locking tuners work just as well. I need some new pics but here is my Strat. I've never felt a smoother neck on any guitar. It's perfect.

Don't mind the strings. That's the set that was on it when I bought it. I don't think the guy ever changed them.
'05 Tobacco Burst American Deluxe Ash
Deluxe3.jpg

Deluxe1.jpg

Deluxe2.jpg

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice Pickguard... T.

Funny you should give the thread a boot as I was talking about joining a funk/soul band with a guy this week and so I tried messing with some funk licks with a few guitars... only one did it ... the Strat... for funk... nothing like a Strat in position 4!!!!

Good band name... FuNk PoSiTioN 4:lol:

Like John, like it. Takes me back to my days in the cabaret band. We used to do stuff by The Commodores, Shalamar and....SHIT!! I can't remember and somehow, don't want to!!. What I do remember though is having my '79 Strat in the No.2 position most of the time and running my Peavey classic 50 watter quite toppy. Great tone for all that Nile Rodgers type stuff. Good luck if you decide to have a go with it. The band I was in back then used a drum machine (trendy and 1 less to pay) and it was great discipline for my rhythm playing.:eek::cool:

thetragichero

Reaction score
in the middle of refinishing the squier partscaster (surf green nitro!) and assembling another partscaster... i should have pictures up in the next couple of weeks

radiomatts

Reaction score
My strat children

Okay, here is my Strat family...with three exceptions. First, an MIK Squier Strat a la Dave Gilmour isn't in the pic. It's at my drummer's house. He's learning to play and too cheap to buy his own guitar. The second is the red Squier Affinity Strat, bottom row to the right...GONE. Sold it the other day. I picked up a black, kinda Clapton like Gold label Mexican Squier the other day. I'm redoing this family portrait soon.

guitarsenal004.jpg

Here they are in order.
Upper row: 1985 MIM Black label Fender with MHD pickups, dead on Ritchie Blackmore tone; Mutt ESP/LTD George Lynch GL 256. ESP body, LTD neck; Fender Classic 70's Strat - more Blackmore tones; 1988 ESP Traditional Series Strat. Hard V neck, their version of a 61 Strat; 2003 Fender MIM with Custom Shop Robert Cray pickups; Late 2004 Partscaster with an All Parts neck and Fender MIM body.

Lower row: 2010 Custom Dean Tremont guitar; LTD George Lynch GL 200MT; Blue Jackson JS1 with upgraded everything; Black Jackson JS 1 with upgraded everything; lastly the aforementioned Squier 20th Anniversary Affinity Strat with MIM pups and bridge.

My kids call them, 'the other brothers and sisters."

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: My strat children

Okay, here is my Strat family...with three exceptions. First, an MIK Squier Strat a la Dave Gilmour isn't in the pic. It's at my drummer's house. He's learning to play and too cheap to buy his own guitar. The second is the red Squier Affinity Strat, bottom row to the right...GONE. Sold it the other day. I picked up a black, kinda Clapton like Gold label Mexican Squier the other day. I'm redoing this family portrait soon.

guitarsenal004.jpg

Here they are in order.
Upper row: 1985 MIM Black label Fender with MHD pickups, dead on Ritchie Blackmore tone; Mutt ESP/LTD George Lynch GL 256. ESP body, LTD neck; Fender Classic 70's Strat - more Blackmore tones; 1988 ESP Traditional Series Strat. Hard V neck, their version of a 61 Strat; 2003 Fender MIM with Custom Shop Robert Cray pickups; Late 2004 Partscaster with an All Parts neck and Fender MIM body.

Lower row: 2010 Custom Dean Tremont guitar; LTD George Lynch GL 200MT; Blue Jackson JS1 with upgraded everything; Black Jackson JS 1 with upgraded everything; lastly the aforementioned Squier 20th Anniversary Affinity Strat with MIM pups and bridge.

My kids call them, 'the other brothers and sisters."

Beautiful Family, very respectable Sir.

I'm diggin' the Ash/Maple Bullet top row 3rd from left.
David :cheers:

John 14:6

Reaction score
I will have to post some pictures of my Strats later, but here are a couple Strat masters.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HfBELvmWE]YouTube - ‪Scorpions - Sails Of Charon (Musikladen 1977)‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uwvBizKAwc]YouTube - ‪a day in the life‬‏[/ame]

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem I have the most is balance between bass and treble strings. Most single coils seem a little boomy on the bass side. I just set them with the bass end further away from the strings. The only pups I've tried that are better balanced are Texas Specials, although I believe Lace Sensors are good too, plus a bit more pokey. :rock:

You know, my Strat with Texas Specials is my favorite out of the 5 or so that I've owned, and it's that flame paint job Mexican strat. It sounds unbelievable, though. I use the Bill Lawrence nickel method for setting pickup height. Put one nickel on the treble side of the pickup and adjust until the nickel just touches the high E string. Then, take 2 nickels and put them on the bass side of the pickup and adjust until the nickels just touch the low E. Perfect setup every time!

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Simple, but very effective RR :dude:...Like all the best tips...now where's that change I brought back from Florida the other year? :hmm:

Strateuphoria

Reaction score
attachment.php

57 hotrod (serialized neckplate) I've had for 10years

attachment.php

Latest diy partscaster with (SRV spec neck) can't put it down
80's style Yeah!

I allways disconnect the tone and place a mini toggle for parralel/series swithing

John 14:6

Reaction score
Here are my Fender Malmsteen Strats with a USA Trans Red Ale SoCal Charvel in the middle. It looks like I need to get another guitar stand.:) The full sized picture would not download on the Marshall Forum site, but the JVM Forum had no problem downloading the full sized picture. I am not sure why. Maybe I will try using Photobucket later. Please click on the image below to see a larger picture.

Attachments

• Amp and Guitars 001.jpg
    Amp and Guitars 001.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited: