The Stratocaster Thread

• Thread starter j2112c
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezMark

Reaction score
I don't have all of these anymore

27080_10150136764120297_693140296_1.jpg

Pooh

Reaction score
I always loved SRV. I tried one of the tribute strats that had it that way and loved it.
So I bought the callaham setup and did the change......
It works for me, I don't have to reach for the arm as much.

j2112c

Reaction score
Hey guys, some great strats on the thread, funny as I just got home and picked up my Levinson Blade. It is great with the electronic tone controls and back pick up boost with the active circuitry.
BUT, I went to a local guitar shop yesterday and tried a standard non-active Fender, boy was the output low. It may have been that guitar, but do you guys change the rear pick up and if so do you maintain the output balance with the others?

metallicaforever95

Reaction score
puttin a floyd on my classic strat! i found this picture any one know where i can get one? HELP ME
BP0018010.jpg

Can someone please tell me what this is! i mean a lock nut yes!
but do they make these? and where can i get one! HELP
this would be a great alternative!

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
puttin a floyd on my classic strat! i found this picture any one know where i can get one? HELP ME
BP0018010.jpg

Do some research on those before you do it though. Those behind the nut systems arent as good at keeping the guitar in tune.

poeman33

Reaction score
Hey guys, some great strats on the thread, funny as I just got home and picked up my Levinson Blade. It is great with the electronic tone controls and back pick up boost with the active circuitry.
BUT, I went to a local guitar shop yesterday and tried a standard non-active Fender, boy was the output low. It may have been that guitar, but do you guys change the rear pick up and if so do you maintain the output balance with the others?

Yes the output on a standard Strat will be way lower...that's normal.

And to balance out the rear pickup with the rest you adjust pickup height. Lower the rear until it isn't louder than the rest. You can get a bridge pup with more output, but if you are going with stock...lower the neck one's height.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the output on a standard Strat will be way lower...that's normal.

And to balance out the rear pickup with the rest you adjust pickup height. Lower the rear until it isn't louder than the rest. You can get a bridge pup with more output, but if you are going with stock...lower the neck one's height.

The problem I have the most is balance between bass and treble strings. Most single coils seem a little boomy on the bass side. I just set them with the bass end further away from the strings. The only pups I've tried that are better balanced are Texas Specials, although I believe Lace Sensors are good too, plus a bit more pokey. :rock:

Las Palmas Norte

Reaction score
BP0018010.jpg

I'd stick with locking tuners. That's quite a beastly looking thing.

Cheers, Barrie.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
No one posted on here for a while so I'll give it a boot. Just been farting on this Strat for a while. I hadn't played it in ages and forgot what great tone and feel it has (3 Texas Specials). It's made up from a Fat Strat body and a Mighty Mite neck

georgiatec-albums-guitars-picture5121-black-rosewood-strat.jpg