• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

The YJM-100

• Thread starter DSL100 Dude
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

santiall

Reaction score
Where's a video of YJM himself playing it? Anyone?

here you are:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTNPRA-723I]YouTube - Show - Yngwie Malmsteen on Anaheim, Califórnia[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwJBcH8CyIw]YouTube - Yngwie Malmsteen NAMM 2011 Part 1[/ame]

He is playing 2, one set 50W and on set to 100W, no external booster used.

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
He's been influenced by the greats,Mozart....Bach....He calls it Macht!Gotta think a little Spinal tap everytime I see a video of him.Great player though.

jupiter89

Reaction score
OK, great comparison Papus on the AFD and YJM, but I hate to sound ignorant, but what do you mean by "DNA" as in "The YJM has got the old-school method hard-wired into its DNA" ??

Papus

Reaction score
OK, great comparison Papus on the AFD and YJM, but I hate to sound ignorant, but what do you mean by "DNA" as in "The YJM has got the old-school method hard-wired into its DNA" ??

I mean that their respective tone/gain structure is hard-wired into the circuitry - you'll have a hard time getting them to sound otherwise.
They are what they are, and they do it VERY well (judging by the demos).
All that remains is to chose your weapon

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it is safe to say that when Marshall decided to start working on these latest "signature series" amps, they wanted to make darn sure that they were able to produce something that not only the said "signature" would want to actually use, but so would the general public.
The AFD is going to do that sound very friggin' well. Guys can huff and puff all day about the tone but face is that was pretty close to what all of us sounded like that played in bands back in the 80's. Slash became an icon, we didn't, life moves on and for a lot of us our sound continued to develop. Oddly, the YJM I think appeals to several of us that have gotton to the point where it is not so much excessive gain we want, it is the classic "blow you away crunch" that made Marshall THE rock amp with a way to tame it down.

Hamohapic

Reaction score
YJM100 is on my list to get right now. Love all the new features, probably biggest improvement is the interneal attenuator, now you can bring the plexi to a bar gig and have a good time.

Have they announce price for this head? And when can we expect to play one in States?

Steve Mavronis

Reaction score
New Guitar World clip about the AFD100 and YJM100.

Oh cool - Yngwie himself is going to demo his own new signature amp from his house on video very soon :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg1gZvwoKqU]YouTube - NAMM 2011 - Marshall Amps[/ame]

Papus

Reaction score
I'm eagerly awaiting a live band demo of the YJM100, with Les Paul's and Stratocasters - straight up 1959 and boosted :)
Properly recorded, not this camera phone shit we've been seeing lately

Hamohapic

Reaction score
I'm eagerly awaiting a live band demo of the YJM100, with Les Paul's and Stratocasters - straight up 1959 and boosted :)
Properly recorded, not this camera phone shit we've been seeing lately

I cant wait to get my hands on one of the YJM100 heads. ITs like the ultimate plexi.

I want to see Yangwee play start through this.

Papus

Reaction score
Australian price: ~$3,400

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At that price I'll take 4 or 5 Class 5 heads, thank you very much :)

Papus

Reaction score
Australian importers are surely taking the piss with their prices...
The AUD is worth MORE than the USD on most days lately, so why the fuck are we being ripped off in this fashion?
Don't tell me its the cost of shipping, fuckers!
A 40' shipping container costs $2,000 to ship from Europe to Australia.... how much gear can you cram into a 40' container and spread the $2,000 across all that gear - there's NO WAY that adds up to $3,400 for the YJM100.

OPPORTUNISTIC FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!

midgo

Reaction score
Australian importers are surely taking the piss with their prices...
The AUD is worth MORE than the USD on most days lately, so why the fuck are we being ripped off in this fashion?
Don't tell me its the cost of shipping, fuckers!
A 40' shipping container costs $2,000 to ship from Europe to Australia.... how much gear can you cram into a 40' container and spread the $2,000 across all that gear - there's NO WAY that adds up to $3,400 for the YJM100.

OPPORTUNISTIC FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!

Too right Papus!

Buy from OS and pay for the shipping ?
Must still be heaps cheaper than $3400, to do it that way?

Hamohapic

Reaction score
Crap not sure what 3400$ translates into US bux, but thats way above my price range. My limit is 2000 for this head, keeping my fingers crossed.

Steve Mavronis

Reaction score
Another new interview with a Marshall rep including personal insights of Yngwie and calling the built-in amp booster 'Yngwie Approved' which I'm curious about - is it a DOD 250/308 or is it a Marshall Overdrive?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTrUAR8tlmo]YouTube - NAMM '11 - Marshall YJM100 Yngwie Malmsteen Signature Head[/ame]

drewz120

Reaction score
Anyone got any idea on when the US will start pre orders?