• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

To my more mature MF members: How do you cope when life shits on you?

• Thread starter poeman33
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ampcrazy

Reaction score
Yeah they give you sachets of a stuff called 'Picolax' here in the UK. Probably the same type of stuff. Then you're never off the toilet seat for about the next 8 hours or so!

Unpleasant to say the least. :pissed:

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
A few weeks ago when the nausea started getting really bad, they were going to do an ultra-sound to check for a possible blockage. A certain doctor who will remain nameless said to take Citro-mag. Which is the stuff they will give you before a colonoscopy. It said right on the bottle not to take if you are having nausea or suspect a possible blockage. I asked about that and she said it would be fine.

A couple hours later I experience my first ride in an ambulance because of screaming unbelievable pain. The ambulance guy said "they're not supposed to give you this if you are nauseous or blocked" The doctors in the emergency said "why on earth did they say to take this".

So be forewarned!

poeman33, jeez - what the hell kind of medical care systems they got in your town, dude! :eek:

wesd40

Reaction score
At 54 I've gone through two back surgeries and prostate cancer . I feel the same as you sometime ,at best I have it made. Perception and attiude are 90 % of it.

poeman33

Reaction score
At 54 I've gone through two back surgeries and prostate cancer . I feel the same as you sometime ,at best I have it made. Perception and attiude are 90 % of it.

I agree...but it's the hardest thing for me to get. I have a good day and feel like I am making progress. I feel like I can beat this thing. Then the next day I'm running out the door so I don't puke on my co-workers. And I'm shaking like a junkie and weak as baby. I lose all of that positive feeling I had. :mad:

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
A few weeks ago when the nausea started getting really bad, they were going to do an ultra-sound to check for a possible blockage. A certain doctor who will remain nameless said to take Citro-mag. Which is the stuff they will give you before a colonoscopy. It said right on the bottle not to take if you are having nausea or suspect a possible blockage. I asked about that and she said it would be fine.

A couple hours later I experience my first ride in an ambulance because of screaming unbelievable pain. The ambulance guy said "they're not supposed to give you this if you are nauseous or blocked" The doctors in the emergency said "why on earth did they say to take this".

So be forewarned!

poeman33, jeez - what the hell kind of medical care systems they got in your town, dude! :eek:

I hate to say this but, have your wife drive you to Times Square NYC and drop you off, and immediately hit the pavement and fake amnesia. You will receive probably the best care in the world for free and in a month when all your woes are cured you can escape the hospital and have your wife pick you up back in Times Square and head home. Obama Care!

And maybe you can even get a FREE Obama phone! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4NALXCwYxc]Tragic Obama Phone - YouTube[/ame]

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree...but it's the hardest thing for me to get. I have a good day and feel like I am making progress. I feel like I can beat this thing. Then the next day I'm running out the door so I don't puke on my co-workers. And I'm shaking like a junkie and weak as baby. I lose all of that positive feeling I had. :mad:

Hang in there. Really.

I know it takes everything out of you.
I have been there.

Soon you will notice bad things happen less frequently.
That's progress.

Never lose hope...

Latest posts