Tsl tribe

• Thread starter LuredMaul
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BURSTBUCKERBLACK

Reaction score
Although everyone here knows I'm a huge fan of my JMP 2203's. I still Dearly love my two TSL 100w's and my Two DSL 100w heads. they all sound fantastic in everyway imaginable. But I must add my VooDoo with deluxe mod TSL 100 sounds better the others which are stock. I read about what they did in the deluxe mod but until you try one modded by VooDoo words cant describe how much better it sounds. My 2cents.
:slash:

Attachments

• TSL100.jpg
    TSL100.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSL100.jpg
    DSL100.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2

JimiRules

Reaction score
Anybody out there looking to buy a footswitch for their TSL? I have a 5 button one that I bought brand new a few weeks ago for my TSL60. I used it for the first time over the weekend at a gig and it worked fine. The only reason that I'm looking to get rid of it is because I've gotten so used to setting the crunch channel to where it's right on the edge of breakup and then pushing into overdrive with a clean boost.

If anybody is interested shoot me a PM.

Bear R.

Reaction score
hey guys I don't wanna get to far ahead of myself but..im picking up the TSL60 next week..my buddy is holding it till then.im just a bedroom gigger ha,ha.so the 60 should be the perfect head..anyways TSL forever..
ps.i had the TSL 100 watt head and loved it then sold it like a fool.but this should more than make up for my lost baby..see you all soon w/this bad boy...oh ya, no cab at the moment.ha,ha. the head will just sit for a month or so but at least I will have it on tap..ha,ha..see ya.and God Bless..Barry.

trigmachine

Reaction score
Although everyone here knows I'm a huge fan of my JMP 2203's. I still Dearly love my two TSL 100w's and my Two DSL 100w heads. they all sound fantastic in everyway imaginable. But I must add my VooDoo with deluxe mod TSL 100 sounds better the others which are stock. I read about what they did in the deluxe mod but until you try one modded by VooDoo words cant describe how much better it sounds. My 2cents.
:slash:

Tell me more please, there's a tech in the uk doing voodoo mods via Trace, I've been trying to find some reviews but haven't found a well written tsl review yet

sullimd

Reaction score
I'll play. I've mentioned it in several threads lately. Got me a TSL 100 head off CL about a month ago. $500. I've always played DSLs and 800's, but this one was a good price and about 10min from where I live. Got it home and man was I surprised. The thing totally cranks. Fantastic tones from the Orange and Red channels. I run the Orange channel gain at about 5, the Red channel gain about 7. The Orange channel is a great rock/southern rock type thing (I play a couple Les Paul Customs and an old Tele). The Red channel is heavy rock, even metal if you push the gain a bit more. With the VSR switch in and the deep button in, this thing is so thick and full of harmonics. It sounds huge. Much bigger sound than any DSL I've owned. I boost/tighten it up just a tad (Level 3, Drive 3, Tone 5) with my SD-1 - I believe all Marshalls sound better with just a hair of SD-1 in the front. It doesn't change the tone but tightens it up just a bit and makes it thicker. Just a personal preference.

I don't go to the clean channel, I just kick off the SD-1 and back off my volume and its a surprisingly good clean tone. It has just the slightest bit of break up when strummed hard.

I remember playing one about 10 years ago, and thought it was fizzy. But I guess I got a good one cause this thing is FAR from fizzy. I've heard of the problems too, but since I've only had mine a month we'll see if mine is one of them. So far its been solid and I've played it ever day since I got it.

pcozby

Reaction score
Hi,

I just put a JCM2000 TSL100 halfstack (with a 1960A cab) on layaway at a pawn shop and was curious about the reliability, the serial # starts with 2006, does that mean that was the year it was made, and if it was, is that part of the TSL line that had the floating bias issues fixed?

Thanks

Paul

trigmachine

Reaction score
I'm not sure on the dates, mine is a 2002 which had a dodgy board, my tech bought and replaced it for about £150 if I remember right. Even with the cost of replacing the board it was a well worth buy for what I need. Im also about to order some classic tone transformers and a choke to take it up a gear.

JimiRules

Reaction score
What problems did the amps with the faulty boards have? Also, what is bias drift? I recently changed the power tubes in my YJM. I didn't know how old the tubes were in my TSL60, so I went ahead and put 2 of the power tubes that used to be in the YJM and put them in the TSL. When I biased the amp I set it at the recommended setting of 80mV. I noticed that it wouldn't stay on 80mV. It would go up to like 82, then it may go to 80, then down to 78, then back to 80. Is this bias drift, or is this normal?

Bear R.

Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on a TSL60 head..i know it wont be like my 100 watt head but this should do..i live for that lead channel..and the TSL60's got it..so,lets hope it kicks booty..

Kid Klash

Reaction score
OK - she's done (for now).

Other than the little hole in the grille cloth (and the vents in the top), she looks better than new.

I moved the covers around on the back a bit too; the bottom perf metal panel is now in the center, protecting the tubes but allowing air around them, and the internal speaker cable is tethered to it to keep it away from the tubes (don't want the cable to melt!).

And the wooden center panel is now on the bottom which protects the bottom of the cab and gives me a place to store the AC cord.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 03_finished TSL122 April 12, 2014.jpg
    03_finished TSL122 April 12, 2014.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 06_finished TSL122 April 12, 2014.jpg
    06_finished TSL122 April 12, 2014.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 16