Van Hagar Satriani

• Thread starter Crunchifyable
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn... I've never actually heard him play before. Quite impressive.

One nitpick... Is he playing a Friedman or a 5150? It sounds too Hi-Fi live, so it's not cutting as well as a cranked Marshal... maybe it's the shiitty cell-phone recording.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
How can they be Van Halen without either Van Halens? Where is the drummer?
wait, who said that these performances were by "Van Halen"?? correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see where anyone here said that. I believe the term "Van Hagar" was used, although the band is technically Chickenfoot.

thesunship

Reaction score
Sammy ain't gonna drop those love songs. It brings girls to the shows. Or at least it used to

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
wait, who said that these performances were by "Van Halen"?? correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see where anyone here said that. I believe the term "Van Hagar" was used, although the band is technically Chickenfoot.

Aren't they going on tour playing nothing but VH songs?

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wolfe says he isn't interested in playing his Dad's guitar parts in VH, but have you heard him doing it? Sweet mother of God, he is exactly the same as Eddie. It obviously makes sense due to genetics and who taught him to play, but even factoring that stuff in it is mind-blowing how exactly he mirrors his Dad's playing.

Damn. Wolfies awesome. I understand wanting to do his own thing but Holy shit, him and Al and Mike would kick ass..and they could do new material as well. Singer?? Who cares.

Too bad the Van Halens are against it.

I've been an Ed fan since the First record broke. Wolf can pull the chops off pretty damn close to Daddy's. Talented dude no doubt. Impressed.

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
cou
looks like they are playing the LA Forum... it's been a long time since I've been there. '94 to be honest...

One thing though, on that Hot Summer track, it really shows what's missing, the chemistry of the VH brothers...

While Jason's a great drummer & Satch is a great guitarist, they are definitely not the VH bros... & it shows...
couldnt agree more. this made ME feel old and cranky

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
looks like Satch has his 2- stacks (4- heads 4-cab's) of 3rd Power amp's & Sammy has 2- JCM2000 DSL ½-stacks (2- heads, 2- cab's)...

colchar

Reaction score
Damn. Wolfies awesome. I understand wanting to do his own thing but Holy shit, him and Al and Mike would kick ass..and they could do new material as well. Singer?? Who cares.

Too bad the Van Halens are against it.

I've been an Ed fan since the First record broke. Wolf can pull the chops off pretty damn close to Daddy's. Talented dude no doubt. Impressed.

I agree. I really wish Wolfie would reconsider. If he did and Mike would come back after how he was treated, they would be awesome regardless of whether Dave or Sammy was singing for them. And yes, they could write new material. I am sure Eddie would be proud to know his son took his place in his band.

GibsonMarshallGuy47

Reaction score
Aren't they going on tour playing nothing but VH songs?
yes, they are... so, what's your point? they're still not calling themselves Van Halen, or Van anything. despite that, they are still 100% allowed to play Van Halen songs without calling themselves "Van Halen".

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I agree. I really wish Wolfie would reconsider. If he did and Mike would come back after how he was treated, they would be awesome regardless of whether Dave or Sammy was singing for them. And yes, they could write new material. I am sure Eddie would be proud to know his son took his place in his band.
I think the stick in the mud is, & always has been Alex VH... He's the one who pretty much called the shots...

Alex VH is VH... Eddie always said that & it's even more true now, w/ Ed's passing...

I think, even now, WG is cognizant of that fact & doesn't want any part in the family drama.

I don't care for his solo stuff, & think he could do a good job, doing a tribute to Pop... but, for instance, even if Alex is out, it would probably be a family drama thing if he played w/ the other guys, so, it's easier, more free & fulfilling to just do his own thing &... he is successful doing it, so...

I could see him doing it, as a side gig, if he wanted to, but, if he's charting his own path, then more power to him, & his decision to be drama free, from a bunch of old codgers, who have a history together that he really has no part of... is smart, IMO

Maybe he should invite Uncle Alex to come play on his next album... on a track or 2 :shrug:

Nkyrental

Reaction score
Their tour comes to Riverbend in Cincinnati, pavilion seats in the middle of the rows are $439 each. No thanks. Eddie made VH what it is, and he wasn't worth $439!

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
Let me plainly state the real problem here people. Eddie Van Halen died.
May God rest his soul and let's thank him for the extreme & incredible joy he gave us.

That being said, this Van Hagar w/Satriani arena tour is as close to anything Van Halen we're gonna see.
Alex doesn't want to play in the sandbox and Wolfgang has his own life, and career. Good for him. I'm glad nobody coerced Eddie into playing clarinet with Jan in a Dixieland jazz band.

Latest posts