• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Vintage Modern anyone?

• Thread starter Alex
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jupiter89

Reaction score
Was 2007 the first year for the VM ? Are the current 2011 issues just as good I wonder ?

richedie

Reaction score
I picked up a Marshall 2466 and this Vintage Modern is one of the best amps I have ever owned! Sounds great with K100s, V30s or Lynchbacks and Creambacks.
Full gig report soon.

Ethereal Guitars

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
Must be something in the air? I just picked up a Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 today and agree with so many of the positive comments. Amongst the sweetest tones I have ever come across. I love the simplicity on this amp. I love the fact it really encourages the player to use the guitar fully and explore all of the volume and tone options on the guitar itself. Maybe it's the KT66's generating that, that.....I dunno....vibrating harmonic resonance! I've owned loads of amps, build my own guitars (mainly for fun :dude:) and this thing is the dux guts! I love my Vintage Modern :applause: Seriously, if you can't dial in incredible tones on this amp, your probably using a dead guitar. And for the record, I'm running through an Orange Closed Back 2x12 with Vintage 30's. I am in tone heaven.
Also, first post, long time reader.....this is one of the best forums on the web for amp/guitar heads and I am proud to join in. :cheers:
Jon

Ethereal Guitars

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the welcome mate! I think I need 5 posts before I can put gear in my signature so will wait for that but yes, I am certainly a Marshall devotee. Have owned and played through loads of amps over the years but Marshall has the MAGIC for sure. Cheers!

solarpoint1

Reaction score
I've had a 50 watt VM head going into the 425B cab for over a year now and plan to keep it. Live and in the studio it has produced pro level results and for me that defines it as great gear. Matching it up with a LP, SG and Strat produced classic rock tones with great variety, bouncy cleans (even with the LP) and satisfying '80's metal. I preferred it over DSL's, TSL's and even a 2203 JCM 800. I have been fortunate to play thru many great amps in 38 years of rocking and believe it stands it's ground! Was surprised to find so many negative reviews. Peace!

Masliko

Reaction score
I don't currently own one yet, but I've been reading mostly positive reviews about the new Vintage Modern on other sites. One day I'll stop by my local GC to try one. But for now there are videos on YT I've checked out, and I like the sound of the Vintage Modern in this video :dude:

YouTube - Marshall Vintage Modern

Anyone here own a Vintage Modern?

vintage-modern-slash.jpg
Slash's face says it all..."I hope this is worth the 2MIL and free amps"...just kidding i hope your enjoy your amp.

TubeStack

Reaction score
I've been using and loving my 2466 for five years now... crazy! Still love it, also just bought the 2266 combo.

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
I owned a 2266 and matching purple 425B cab. A great amp and cab and highly recommended. Loved the LDR channel. Some of the best Marshall cleans that I've ever heard. Only sold it in my pursuit of more vintage amps. I would still love to pick up a nice 2266C combo at a good price.

Latest posts