• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Visiting Seattle

• Thread starter StingRay85
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StingRay85

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend me a few good places to visit? I only have one free day, all the rest is for working.

Was considering to visit the MoPOP museum to see their Hendrix collection. Maybe the Moore theater for its history during the grunge period (especially two amazing shows from Alice in Chains and Mad Season).

Maybe also good bars that are open 24/7 would be nice to know, I will be facing a 9 hour time difference and probably won't be able to sleep at night.

Marijuana seems to be legal there too, maybe something for the last night when the job is done.

Any good suggestions? Please let me know

mcblink

Reaction score
Hit the museum for sure it's cool. Space Needle is nearby. Pike's Place market is fun to wander around

Might be able to find a decent show at El Corazon or somewhere.

Truthfully, I try to avoid Seattle if possible. But there's plenty to do if you got time to kill and are looking for something to do. There's a couple decent guitar stores, some vinyl shops, etc

Take a tour of the underground city of Seattle, that's always fun.

Weed's been totally legal here since 2012 (not sure why Colorado always got all the credit for that, we were in fact first to do so lol) you can find it everywhere and anywhere. Just walk into the store and pick your poison.

Frodebro

Reaction score
I live ten minutes outside of Seattle and avoid the place completely these days. Mcblink has soon good suggestions, and I would add Ivar’s Salmon House on the north shore of Lake Union if you like good seafood.

StingRay85

Reaction score
Thanks. What do you mean with underground city of Seattle?

I'll be flying in Tuesday from Seattle Tacoma and will be staying four nights in North Seattle / Everett, and need to fly back Saturday around noon.

StingRay85

Reaction score
I live ten minutes outside of Seattle and avoid the place completely these days. Mcblink has soon good suggestions, and I would add Ivar’s Salmon House on the north shore of Lake Union if you like good seafood.
Cool. What's the reason to avoid Seattle completely? :)

mcblink

Reaction score
Thanks. What do you mean with underground city of Seattle?

I'll be flying in Tuesday from Seattle Tacoma and will be staying four nights in North Seattle / Everett, and need to fly back Saturday around noon.
Seattle burned to the ground way back when. The new city is built directly on top of where the old one was.

You can still go down below and see the old streets and stuff, underneath everything up above. It's pretty cool, actually.

circles

Reaction score
The decay and overcrowding is common to Modern Urban America, and here as well. Plus gentrification wiping out the details.

But there are cool things. Visit a local greenery store, take in a show at Crocodile or similar in the evening. If you're like me, a visit to the Pinball Museum is fun:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Seattle burned to the ground way back when. The new city is built directly on top of where the old one was.

You can still go down below and see the old streets and stuff, underneath everything up above. It's pretty cool, actually.

Wow, I had no idea about that ... so cool! Looks as if the fire happened on June 6, 1889, and was started by an accidentally spilled glue pot in a carpentry shop? Jesus, imagine an accident like that taking out an entire city! I can't say that I have Seattle on my list of destinations anytime soon, but if I ever visit, I'm TOTALLY going to check that out!

mcblink

Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea about that ... so cool! Looks as if the fire happened on June 6, 1889, and was started by an accidentally spilled glue pot in a carpentry shop? Jesus, imagine an accident like that taking out an entire city! I can't say that I have Seattle on my list of destinations anytime soon, but if I ever visit, I'm TOTALLY going to check that out!
It's really cool dude. You'd love it.
I always wanted to go down there just me and a few buddies, and do some underground urban exploration. Would be rad!

Frodebro

Reaction score

It’s a neat tour. You’re basically under the streets, and the tour guide tells stories about Seattle back then.

Kendall124

Reaction score
Emerald City Guitars. A MUST for any musician passing through Seattle.

Frodebro

Reaction score
The decay and overcrowding is common to Modern Urban America, and here as well. Plus gentrification wiping out the details.

But there are cool things. Visit a local greenery store, take in a show at Crocodile or similar in the evening. If you're like me, a visit to the Pinball Museum is fun:

The decay and overcrowding is due to mismanagement and corruption, which is the same problem all of the major cities have been dealing with for decades. But people don’t seem to make the connection between what is happening and who is in charge.

Frodebro

Reaction score
I think he came here for ideas for something fun to do, as opposed to slagging Seattle. But I could be wrong.

I'm not slagging Seattle, I'm mourning the death of a once beautiful and vibrant city. You know, the place where plastic drinking straws are illegal because "the environment," but the streets and parks are littered with syringes that the very same city hands out to junkies. It's just insane.

Latest posts