• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Visiting Seattle

• Thread starter StingRay85
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Wow, I had no idea about that ... so cool! Looks as if the fire happened on June 6, 1889, and was started by an accidentally spilled glue pot in a carpentry shop? Jesus, imagine an accident like that taking out an entire city! I can't say that I have Seattle on my list of destinations anytime soon, but if I ever visit, I'm TOTALLY going to check that out!
I think it is all part of the Tartarian legend or conspiracy of theorist.
FIRES happened all the time back then along with other major catastrophes.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
Anyone can recommend me a few good places to visit? I only have one free day, all the rest is for working.

Was considering to visit the MoPOP museum to see their Hendrix collection. Maybe the Moore theater for its history during the grunge period (especially two amazing shows from Alice in Chains and Mad Season).

Maybe also good bars that are open 24/7 would be nice to know, I will be facing a 9 hour time difference and probably won't be able to sleep at night.

Marijuana seems to be legal there too, maybe something for the last night when the job is done.

Any good suggestions? Please let me know
My question is why especially after the last couple of years. That place is part of a plague.

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Portland, Seattle, Spokane, all once beautiful places and now they're awful and disgusting. Unless you love heroin and living in a tent, they are great places to do that.

Thunder Road Guitars and Emerald City Guitars are two cool shops to check out. Mostly higher end stuff. Pike Place Fish Market if you're into that sort of thing. Maybe see if any bands are playing at El Corazon.

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
I think he came here for ideas for something fun to do, as opposed to slagging Seattle. But I could be wrong.

As soon as I read "Seattle" in the title I knew there would be some comments going off the rails. lol
Very predictable. Same would hold for San Fran, LA or NYC.

Most homeless people I ever saw was in Houston- years ago. Homeless are everywhere these days near as I can tell. Hell, we have a mini encampment here. Cold place to be homeless in the winter.

Jason Funk

Reaction score
I think Hendrix’s grave is also right by the airport when you leave. Crab Shack by the waterfront has the best crab I’ve ever had, right near Pike Place, nice area to sightsee and walk around. Enjoy your trip!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score

when I clicked on that site, I noticed the familiar name, of the author...

Here, in this pic, confirms it:

Dannygrave.jpg

Danny Bonaduce, or Danny Partridge, from the Partridge Family...

Last edited:

Calebz

Reaction score
If you have the $$, take the VIP trip up the space needle. The local wines they serve there are top notch, the cheeses and stuff aren't bad, and the view is freaking awesome.

As for the doom and gloom crowd, ignore them. They sound like all the other people of certain ages and types pining away for a world that never was.

playloud

Reaction score
The underground city tour sounds cool! I can also recommend MoPOP and Elliott Bay Books, if you're into that sort of thing.

Seattle is similar to SF in that the heyday of the counter culture feels long-gone, but there are still plenty of charming and fun spots. Capitol Hill and Fremont are nice areas to wander around. Lot of good food/bars/nightlife etc.

Tunesketcher

Reaction score
Surprised by the naysayers..noted on the homeless issues..so if you have one day get out in nature and enjoy what Washington has to offer. Jump on a ferry and enjoy the Puget Sound, I’d recommend the Port Townsend ferry

Frodebro

Reaction score
If you have the $$, take the VIP trip up the space needle. The local wines they serve there are top notch, the cheeses and stuff aren't bad, and the view is freaking awesome.

As for the doom and gloom crowd, ignore them. They sound like all the other people of certain ages and types pining away for a world that never was.

All of the gaslighting and condescending comments in the world are not going to change the fact that there are an awful lot of people on this very forum who actually grew up and lived in the world you claim “never was”.

tallcoolone

Reaction score

Don’t you live in France?

mickeydg5

Reaction score
Are you worried about someone trying to mug you or a civil war breaking out...? :rofl:
That and more.
Obvious you are not familiar with places like this where they spray vehicles on the interstate and kill old ladies driving down the street and many other bad things.
Laugh if you wish. It aint funny MF'r.

It is one of the reasons I moved away from there which meant putting hundreds of miles between my family and us.

And if by civil war you mean relating to citizens and their interrelations with one another, with the state or our federal government then YES.
I do not trust any of THEM either.

Last edited:

Dgd73

Reaction score
I was in Washington a few years back and we flew in/out of Seattle. They had a local beer called Irish Death that was very good. You might give that a try if you come across it. I’ve considered ordering some online but couldn’t bring myself to pay that much for shipping. Anyway hope you have a great trip.

Calebz

Reaction score
All of the gaslighting and condescending comments in the world are not going to change the fact that there are an awful lot of people on this very forum who actually grew up and lived in the world you claim “never was"

Sorry. You're right it's entirely possible you've got longer experience in the region than I do. I didn't show up there until the 70s. If you would like to tell us about the decline since the 20s, feel free.. I didn't witness anything that...early.

I know it's changed. But theres a lot of romanticizing what it actually was going on here.

Someone actually described Spokane as beautiful somewhere here. If that's not a red flag for someone imagining shit, I don't know what is.

So feel free to keep longing for a past that is heavily filtered by what you'd like it to be.

And be sure to be mad about it.

PelliX

Reaction score
That and more.
Obvious you are not familiar with places like this where they spray vehicles on the interstate and kill old ladies driving down the street and many other bad things.
Laugh if you wish. It aint funny MF'r.

No, no, I am aware (or so I think, not having been there myself) of the state of f.e. San Francisco and so on. I wasn't aware of it being that bad in Seattle, but it figures.

It is one of the reasons I moved away from there which meant putting hundreds of miles between my family and us.

And if by civil war you mean relating to citizens and their interrelations with one another, with the state or our federal government then YES.
I do not trust any of THEM either.

Fair call. I wasn't laughing at the fact that you ensure you're well armed before visiting such places - the arms themselves struck me as excessive at the time. No offense intended, man.