• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

What is going on with Marshall and their lack of shipments of speakers, and amps to the United States?

• Thread starter guitarsmasher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

V-man

Reaction score
Tell that to blockbuster...
I Say the Marshall forum will buy the amp department!
How many forum members do we have?
Each puts 20000 euro and we can do it!!!:drunk:

Blockbuster, TWA, etc sold a service not a product, and even that service was no different/better than Mom & Pop’s video or United Airlines. Legacy product (not service) has brand value, which is why S&W changed hands at least 3 times in this lifetime and Colt’s bankruptcy is a mere footnote as both continue to churn out product.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Sure, but then your cab is a Friedman and not a Marshall.
Is a Friedman cab inferior to a Marshall one then ? Or is it a case of it not having the Marshall logo on it ? ( just asking) I would really like a Friedman cab personally but not at twice the price new of a Marshall one here in the UK ( plus I can pick up a decent used 1960 cab for £200 any time ) .

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
Blockbuster, TWA, etc sold a service not a product, and even that service was no different/better than Mom & Pop’s video or United Airlines. Legacy product (not service) has brand value, which is why S&W changed hands at least 3 times in this lifetime and Colt’s bankruptcy is a mere footnote as both continue to churn out product.
It is much easier to recover from a disaster when you are not selling a product.
Regardless, poor management decisions can drag a business to the ground no matter how good/legendary their product is.
Just take a look at JBL, Altec Lansing, Nokia, and many many more legendary companies that their management decisions were poor and completely ignored the market direction.
These are all owned now by foreign corporations.
Marshall products and direction are on a good path.
I hope a new management won't take them to the ground.

ReWind James

Reaction score
Buy company in a time when "materials shortages" and long backorders are at an all time high for acceptance.

Take dealer orders for two years while announcing lower prices and ship nothing.

Sell company with increasing sales on the books for big profit and let new owner solve product delivery and image problems.

Pretty great strategy for Zound!

PentodeLicious

Reaction score
Buy company in a time when "materials shortages" and long backorders are at an all time high for acceptance.

Take dealer orders for two years while announcing lower prices and ship nothing.

Sell company with increasing sales on the books for big profit and let new owner solve product delivery and image problems.

Pretty great strategy for Zound!
Hmmm that is an angle I never thought of.
I think you are pretty spot on.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Is a Friedman cab inferior to a Marshall one then ? Or is it a case of it not having the Marshall logo on it ? ( just asking) I would really like a Friedman cab personally but not at twice the price new of a Marshall one here in the UK ( plus I can pick up a decent used 1960 cab for £200 any time ) .

It's a bit of both. Honestly, I just feel more "at home" with a Marshall.

Daddydeluxe

Reaction score
I think they thought it was going to be easy. Take over production and distribution, give a return to the roots interview and reap the praise, but the Zipper-Heads that make Zippers as their day job are realizing the 5% of the business is way more than 5% of the effort and are now trying to sort out the mess, but do not have the time to give it so things keep getting delayed.

They are taking us for granted and if that is the case then they are taking the brand for granted. The niche Bluetooth headphone market they will have a "brand' in will get smashed one day by Apple, Google or Amazon and Marshalls will end up in the bargain bins and then there is no coming back.

Car companies build HALO cars and Race Cars for a reason - they innovate the products, elevate the brand and showcase the technology. Without Marshall amps on stage and in the right people's collections MARSHALL WILL THE THE NEXT MARSHALLS...