Weird sound from my dsl

Kamui26

Reaction score
I don’t think I want to on my own I’ll have to take it to someone if there’s anyone around me, I live around an hour from any kind of music shop so I’ll have to do some looking.
Cuz like this is my first tube amp I ever had and I had to lookup most terms mentioned in this thread to understand anything

I got it back in march or april but before that I had a Line 6 Catalyst 60 and this is the first time I’ve ever had to take the backplate off so I’ll try to find someone to check it out cuz I don’t wanna risk damaging it any further.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Last night is the first time it’s ever done that, and it also take maybe about 15-30 minutes playing on medium volume for it to start doing it again but it’s a lot less intense than it was earlier or even in the video.

When mine does it, it's pretty much immediate, but I only play at loud gig level even at home by myself. If I smack the head, it goes away.

Kamui26

Reaction score
When mine does it, it's pretty much immediate, but I only play at loud gig level even at home by myself. If I smack the head, it goes away.
Exactly like that’s usually how loud it is, I don’t do much live stuff if any but I love the tone and how it sounds when I record so it’s never been immensely loud

Rob D

Reaction score
So basically I was recording when suddenly my Jcm 2000 dsl 100 started making a popping noise louder than the clicking from being about 4-5 feet away from my computer. Then it started making this unbearable screeching noise almost like it was writhing in pain?
Would anyone maybe know why maybe like a bad tube, fuse, something like that?

that’s what it sounds like

I’ll dude you need to have it checked by an amp tech who knows what he’s doing. Marshall 100 w amps run hot and cook the main pcb. They’re notorious for it and you mention that it’s pre 2012, which means it’s got the shitty pcb thsts prone to cooking. If it was my amp I would open it up - UNPLUGGED from the ac mains **** - and look for cooked/blackened pcb (around the tube bases and bias resistors) I will be clearly visible. Also likely to be dry solder joints on the board.
Dude the popping & screeching WILL return. Get the main board replaced. If you are in the U.K. Marshall themselves do a very reasonable pcb replacement service for around £70

PelliX

Reaction score
It's nice to see this love for the good ol' percussive maintenance, but I would seriously suggest getting these issues fixed... :)