Well, I did it again.......another Mosfet

• Thread starter Wiseman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

schwa

Reaction score
That's a great looking stack - I like how everything's tied together. That must have been a real labor of love to switch out all that grill cloth.

I really like the mini stacks, they are much easier to transport that the full sized ones, yet retain a lot of the stage presence and tone.

wallythacker

Reaction score
Just beautiful.

And in my humble opinion, anyone who would trash another man's amp would be the type to trash another man's bike. Not cool in either case. High school juvenile level of uncool.

mott555

Reaction score
Welcome to the Mosfet club! Those amps are serious sleepers!

Wiseman

Reaction score
Love it! which model is the 2x12? 1966?

No, actually, its a Hartke 4-10 cab that had some crappy Hartke (made by Celestion) 10's in it. I replaced both the 410's with 2 WGS 12's............also replaced the rear particle board baffle with a solid piece of 3/4 Birch. So its about the same width as the 1965A you see in the pic but deeper.
I liked the tone so much out of that cab, I built 2 cabs myself based on the 1936 design only 2 inches deeper to play my DSL's thru. Built them both to be 16 ohm cabs so I can play one at 16 ohm's or 2 at 8ohms. Cant see th full rig, but here they are stacked in my closet at home.

Attachments

• Closet----Its full 10-26-14.jpg
    Closet----Its full 10-26-14.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 7

Wiseman

Reaction score
That's a great looking stack - I like how everything's tied together. That must have been a real labor of love to switch out all that grill cloth.

I really like the mini stacks, they are much easier to transport that the full sized ones, yet retain a lot of the stage presence and tone.

Thanks. Well, Ive regrilled all 3 Mosfets with the 'Wheat" grill cloth that I had along with the matching 1965A cabs I had for them. Ive gotten pretty good at it.
Oh for sure the weight, or lack of, is a huge advantage. Thanks for the kind words.

I just noticed I need to change my signature pic. I still have all the guitars but the amps have changed to what you see in the Signature description. My wife made a good point to have a pic like this made for insurance purposes. I guess Ill haul them all out out and take another one.

dsn716

Reaction score
Son of a @&^%$...
Now I miss my old 3210 stack...

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts