What a nice looking Les Paul. What are some of your favorite Les Paul finishes?

• Thread starter Alt Freak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
said les paul not Gibson so i like:

diesect20022000-albums-me-picture6726-ec10002-bod.jpg

a lot,

and silverburst,ebony,heritage cherry burst, alpine and wine red.

hellride

Reaction score
I know I wrote cherryburst in my previous post but...

Ebony with chrome tuners, bridge and a chrome pickguard

JOHN SYKES FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hellride

Reaction score
Chrome pickups rings, chrome toggle ring, uncovered humbuckers, and you'll have an exact replica. :applause:

In fact, Edwards sells an exact replica you can buy for around $1100 USD. :D

E-LP-92CD_JS.jpg

Yeah, I know. Got my mind set on an old Greco lawsuit (I asume). It's a Sykes replica (all the chrome, custom LP) gorgeus guitar :)

bvoris

Reaction score
ooh that's HOT! I like the pedal setup too. that's where i put mine as well!:headbanger:

Thanks!

I have 3 pedals sitting on it really the only 3 or 4 I use:
Boss TU-3
Modded ZW-44 Rev 2 red board
TS-9
GCB65 modded with red fasel inductor & bypass

The stock inductor sounds like shit in the GCB65, the red fasel is clear with no distortion at all. I built one with a yellow fasel as well and its dirty as hell gets you that Hendrix wah tone in a heart beat.

Maklaca

Reaction score
I love my Black Custom. It goes with anything. I swapped out the gold for OEM nickel, just to add to the sexy.
I think my next LP will be the original grey BFG. It is so ugly it is beautiful. It feels like wood. You can even feel the ripple bumps in the wood. It should be great for bluesey stuff w/ the P90 and chambered body. Has anyone played or heard these and have an opinion on them?

Attachments

• LPC.jpg
    LPC.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 8
  • BFG.jpg
    BFG.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 11

Ricochet

Reaction score
Chrome pickups rings, chrome toggle ring, uncovered humbuckers, and you'll have an exact replica. :applause:

In fact, Edwards sells an exact replica you can buy for around $1100 USD. :D

Not exactly with the Seymour Duncans(!) they come with... I looked at the Edwards but couldn't get along with '50s neck. :mad:

Oh, I like natural wood finishes, but I suppose I can live with a ebony black or alpine white Custom, and Goldtop P90 LP... A faded (heritage) sorta honeyburst if I have to.

newbies

Reaction score
I love my Black Custom. It goes with anything. I swapped out the gold for OEM nickel, just to add to the sexy.
I think my next LP will be the original grey BFG. It is so ugly it is beautiful. It feels like wood. You can even feel the ripple bumps in the wood. It should be great for bluesey stuff w/ the P90 and chambered body. Has anyone played or heard these and have an opinion on them?

I have not played that BFG, I do own a zakk wylde bullseye BFG which will probably go on the market and looks aside BFGs are awesome players - you can generally pick them up secondhand for a good price too!!