What Cables Are You Using?

• Thread starter Easton55
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

voxman

Reaction score
I've had my Vox coiled cable for 6 yrs (9m) and 2 x Pirhana cables for 10 years (both 6m). Both have been bullet proof. But since buying a wireless Line 6 G10 Relay, I have noticed they both exhibit a little high frequency roll-off that I get back with the G10.

Easton55

Reaction score
Are the wireless systems battery powered only, or DC too? I still don't really need a wireless system, but would like to be free to move about as I please, but don't want to rely on battery power only. Have never used a wireless, so I'm asking questions.

voxman

Reaction score
Are the wireless systems battery powered only, or DC too? I still don't really need a wireless system, but would like to be free to move about as I please, but don't want to rely on battery power only. Have never used a wireless, so I'm asking questions.

Typically systems use batteries in the transmitter with the receiver powered by the mains via a dc power supply. The G10 Relay transmitter recharges from the receiver and requires no batteries. The receiver is mains powered. I posted a review here last week ... it might just fit the bill for you. See here: http://www.marshallforum.com/index....ne-6-g10-relay-wireless-initial-review.92713/

stillrockin

Reaction score
i use the best cable ever made: the Elixir

when every persons talks about Mogami

no, there is Elixir too :)

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Mogami and if one gets ruined, simply take it to GC and exchange it for a new one. Ive done it tiwce this summer with no issues...

royslead

Reaction score
You guys will probably laugh but i have been using Whirlwind cables forever (over thirty years ) and never have had a problem .

I see your Whirlwind cables, and raise you: I still have (and use at home) a Conquest Sound guitar cable I bought in '82. Heck, I still have my coil cable from before that (but cannot remember who made it, technically, I'm not using it).

ColorfulMusic

Reaction score
These threads are ridiculous. Every poster uses a different cable. I can't wait to get G10, cause imo all cables SUCK. My expensive cables will twist by themselves while I am sitting in chair. Cheaper cables seem not to twist as much...go figure. And to the author who wrote 'All cables fail" that is BS. Take care of them and the shouldn't fail unless they are absolute junk or your an animal with unplugging them.

Snow and Steel

Reaction score
I haven't found a better cable - at any price - than bestronics [ https://btpa.com/ ]. Half the capacitance of mogami or canare, half the price with some of the best service in the industry.