What delay pedal do you use?.

• Thread starter Georgiatec
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thetragichero

Reaction score
yeah Ive been looking at that one, the video is pretty cool..alot of knobs. Do You use it?

i use it now just for the looper, even though the delays are miles better than the modded dd-3 i use for delays now
it's got a ton of different delays (all useful) and the ability to use it as true bypass or buffered bypass to keep the tails when you switch it off
for what you can buy it for used (90 bucks or less if you look), it can't be beat
i also have been using the hardwire overdrive for years (and it's put up with all of the abuse and beer spilled on it), and just got the reverb
they're all seriously underrated pedals

ant_riv

Reaction score
I don't always use delay, but when I do it's usually a combo of two.

I just picked up a TC Flashback which is as amazing as every one has said.

I also have a very old Boss DD-2, one of the first ones. I really like the Memory Toy also. Both of these are fantastic-sounding delays, for different reasons.

I have a DD-5 and DD-7 which I primarily use to split the signal to stereo.

Used an Echoplex and a Space Echo pre-digital delays. Both sounded good until the tape started to go. Cleaning heads and replacing tape was a pain. Wish I had them back though!

AdamR

Reaction score
Im using a cheap DeltaLabs. Works great and you cant beat the price. I have the chorus as well but its a bit noisy.

chip

Reaction score
carbon copy user here also. i love it.

JSJ900

Reaction score
The TC Flashback sounds really good but I use a BOSS DD20 that I snaged for fifty bucks at the local pawn shop and I'm pretty happy with it. It's isn't the best, but you can switch between several patches for different delay times without having to turn a knob, which is important to me.

telemarshall

Reaction score
An 80's analog DOD FX90.

DODanalogDelayPB.jpg

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
I own three but currently use only one:

Line 6 Floor Pod Plus multi-effects (I use the digital delay, but it has others as well) is my current favorite. I also use Digitech RP250's digital delay and my trust old Ibanez Tone LOK delay (very cool inexpensive pedal that's super easy to use.

LesPaulopolis

Reaction score
Have you guys embraced the FX loop? I find I get great tone if I keep my FX mix close to my master vol. Just cranking the FX is great when playing at whisper volume, but if you bring it down a bit and raise the amp master you really 'feel' the delay and it seems less 'on top of' everything else you're playing.

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone mention they use this one, I am surprised I though it was popular. I use a Boss DD-20 BOSS U.S. - DD-20: Giga Delay

I think it is amazing, you can select many different delay modes like Tape etc and can save up to 4 different delay sounds that you call up at any time.

I just learned to use the Tap Tempo thing and it really made the pedal more usable also.

RazorDave

Reaction score
Ive been using the DigiDelay by Digitech. I have no complaints and thats freaking rare! It goes for less then a DD too!

JohnH

Reaction score
Ive been using the DigiDelay by Digitech. I have no complaints and thats freaking rare! It goes for less then a DD too!

Me too - the analog sim is very nice as is the chorus delay, which will also give a decent chorus sound alone if you turn down the delay. Very low noise and well built

Wellyboot

Reaction score
Been using the Marshall Echohead for a while now. I like it....various modes, including a reverse delay which is a great effect. It does eat batteries for breakfast though...gotta use a power supply with this.

Latest posts