What delay pedal do you use?.

• Thread starter Georgiatec
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
So I did something really dumb and managed to fry my Boss DD3. I thought I could make a NiCad battery pack to power my pedals. Got a 8.4 volt model plane type battery pack rated at 4800mah....enough to power half a dozen pedals for a week or so and tried to connect via the 9 volt in plug....Forgetting that is for AC. 10 seconds later my DD3 pedal starts smoking like SmokeyDopey at a party and is completely fucked :(.
The upside is I went down to "Sounds Great" near Manchester and tried a few delay pedals eventually going for a TC "Flashback". What a great bit of kit this is. If you are in the market for a delay I can thoroughly recommend one of these. The demo is 22 minutes but really gives you an idea of what this baby can do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvCC1TfNfb4]TC Electronic Flashback Delay - YouTube[/ame]

:dude:

thetragichero

Reaction score
i use the hardwire stereo delay for the looper (although the delays on it sound killer), and a modded dd3 (small cap from feedback pot wiper to ground to sound more 'analogue') for delay
the hardwire does everything a dd7 does but more

John 14:6

Reaction score
So I did something really dumb and managed to fry my Boss DD3. I thought I could make a NiCad battery pack to power my pedals. Got a 8.4 volt model plane type battery pack rated at 4800mah....enough to power half a dozen pedals for a week or so and tried to connect via the 9 volt in plug....Forgetting that is for AC. 10 seconds later my DD3 pedal starts smoking like SmokeyDopey at a party and is completely fucked :(.
The upside is I went down to "Sounds Great" near Manchester and tried a few delay pedals eventually going for a TC "Flashback". What a great bit of kit this is. If you are in the market for a delay I can thoroughly recommend one of these. The demo is 22 minutes but really gives you an idea of what this baby can do.

TC Electronic Flashback Delay - YouTube

:dude:
I have the TC Flashback and the MXR Carbon Copy on my pedalboard and I LOVE them both.:) My next pedal purchase will be the TC Electronics Corona Chorus. I will be removing my Visual Sound H2O Chorus/Echo pedal from my board to make room for the Corona Chorus. I ditched my Boss DD3 for the Flashback Delay/Looper pedal.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah...the Flashback sounds way better than my DD3 did, a much more transparent delay, plus you can split the wet & dry signal, 40 sec looper, get it to sound like a top of the range chorus play Beatles/Hendrix backwards guitar....awesome. :rock:

Khaos

Reaction score
I use the Echohead.
Well, it sure isn't the best delay pedal ever, but its effects sound natural and it has got 6 different modes. It's pretty resistent to impact and above all is cheap compared to other delay pedals.

johnfv

Reaction score
tone seaker - Looks like you have a pair of Echoplexes there? That's gotta be a pretty sweet sounding rig!

@Georgiatec - I love TC stuff. I have the Nova Repeater but my buddy Brian just got a new pedal board with all of those new TC pedals (delay, chorus and verb). Sounded great last night at practice...

aikiguy

Reaction score
I'm using a TC Electronics G Major with a Behringer FCB1010 foot controller. LOVE the TC. Since the introduction of the G Major 2 you can pick up the original really cheaply. I got mine for $300 or something like that. Obviously it's more than just delay but I see everybody mentioning the TC stuff so I though I would chime in.:) I like their vocal stuff too!

Peace.

dptone5

Reaction score
Another MXR Carbon Copy user here...but that TC looks and sounds great!!

rjtm

Reaction score
Wow. Watching that video made me change what I was about to get in a week or so (a Boss DD-7 or MXR Carbon Copy) to the TC Electronic Flashback
lol

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
i use a couple of these old son's of bitches in my loop ,....one for short, one for long delay. I've been using them since the 80's and they sound amazing.

3k43pa3od5U45P05X1b9bf41dbb588f241da4.jpg

John 14:6

Reaction score
Wow. Watching that video made me change what I was about to get in a week or so (a Boss DD-7 or MXR Carbon Copy) to the TC Electronic Flashback
lol
Here is Doug Aldrich creating his toneprint for the Flashback Delay pedal. TC has a bunch of toneprints you can easily download. I just downloaded a delay with some flange added toneprint to use at church this weekend for something. All of the Toneprint pedals are incredible. It is a no brainer when it comes to what you get for the price.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ibfafr02-M]Doug Aldrich creates a TonePrint for TC Electronic's Flashback Delay & Looper - YouTube[/ame]

Esc

Reaction score
Ive been using the TC Flashback and Corona Chorus for a few months now and they are absolutely stellar pedals. Running them in stereo through two DSL half stacks.

Last edited: