What Music Are You Listening To Right Now ??

• Thread starter Red Solo Cup
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
reading the NAMM threads, made me look back & work up a video (audio & image) of a soundcheck of Animals As Leaders, w/ Tosin Abasi.

I don't know the name of the song. Funny is the copyright czar zinged me here, as usually they don't w/ live recordings, but, alas, they must have it confused w/ an official recording?

they don't have a bass player. I had to tame the bass quite a bit on this. They have 2 8 string guitar players, so, they have a lot of bass, w/o a bass player...

Last edited:

Jubilant

Reaction score
Ain’t that the truth! That’s the true hurdle.I watched a video years ago and Alex was explaining how he uses target notes in his phrases to give it meaning.Ever since then
I started doing it and it helped my playing immensely.

Reaction score
Been listening to the first three Cactus albums the last week now. Surprised that band didn't make much of a splash. Carmine Appice, Tim Bogert, and Jim McCarty.... what a great guitarist. wrong time I guess.

Jubilant

Reaction score
27FE1D2C-E5B3-4275-BA4C-5F6B05B7FB41.jpeg
Here is a truly inspiring album.Everytime I listen to this it makes me want to discover nuisances in my own playing that I should develop.It’s so easy to follow what’s already been done.So let this inspire you to do your thing the best you can!

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
It had already been done by the time Marty was born.

1654560397019.png