What Music Are You Listening To Right Now ??

• Thread starter Red Solo Cup
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
that little tube pre-amp is well worth the price of admission. Someone on here recommended it, in a thread about vinyl. There's a bunch of different brands of it, they all look the same though. This one seemed to be the better priced one, IIRC...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
ok, next...

my ultra-rare Roger Waters The Wall Box Set collector's edition.

rs-218044-waters.jpg

someone's unboxing vid:

Last edited:

Blokkadeleider

Reaction score
Right now? Listening to Shostakovich' 14th. Played by the St Petersburg Mariinsky theater Orchestra and conducted by Gergiev.
11 poems put on music, mostly about death.

Gr,

Gerrit.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
my brother & I went out, because an old record store, that we used to go to - they had a sister shop close to us, that recently closed - posted that they were having a parking lot sake today. They're about ½ hour away, or more.

They are getting ready to move their store location & they are trying to reduce stock. so they were offering a bunch of vinyl, CD's, & DVD's for $1 & up. They noted that, the store it's self would be closed today, but the parking lot was open, 1st come, 1st served.

They opened at 10 AM. We got there around 10:30, & there was what looked to be a 1½ - 2 hr wait in line, so we aborted it.

We decided to look up record stores on the way home.

So, we look up what stores are listed & we end up at:

in Upland. They were decent, but, the store was more of a general store, had antiques, etc. The record store part reminded me more of a head shop.

There was another one that showed up, in the area, so after we left, we did a quick look up & low & behold, one of the other's that we wanted to look at, was right around the corner, within walking distance.

Being around the corner, it could actually be connected to the other store, at the rear...

That's where I scored the Hendrix, ltd ed blue marble disc. I also scord a double CD of a band that I met up w/ a long time ago, called Sonic Flood, for a whoppin' $1...

After that, there was 1 more store that we wanted to hit on the way home, & it was not too far, so we ended up at:

Mostly punk music, but they did have a few things metal. My brother scored a couple Iron Maiden gems, which will probably be my next postings in here... :)...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
A while back, I picked up a new copy of Hero Hero, by Judas Priest. It's a fancy double LP w/ an embossed 3-D cover, & one disc is red, & the other blue...

1654309465950.png1654310195683.png

I don't have any images, of the actual album. I have an old Gull Records version, that I acquired in the early '80s, but, this one is 1st time playing, after opening, & I just got a nice fancy Shibata diamond stylus for my turntable, so it's going straight to hi-res digital...

So far it sounds perfect!

Last edited:

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
A while back, I picked up a new copy of Hero Hero, by Judas Priest. It's a fancy double LP w/ an embossed 3-D cover, & one disc is red, & the other blue...

View attachment 109176View attachment 109177

I don't have any images, of the actual album. I have an old Gull Records version, that I acquired in the early '80s, but, this one is 1st time playing, after opening, & I just got a nice fancy Shibata diamond stylus for my turntable, so it's going straight to hi-res digital...

So far it sounds perfect!
Nice.

I recently acquired the modern print 2 disc Sad Wings of Destiny set and while it sounds ok it's quiet AF.

How's the volume of your Hero, Hero?