• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

What would you like to see from Marshall?

• Thread starter davidclayson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chiliphil1

Reaction score
I don't know if mine would be possible BUT. Here is what I want.

- Actual indépendant preamps which are foot switchable, JMP, 800, etc. The amp should not "sound like" something else, with independent pre amps it would be what it says it is.

- Power reduction switch and a built in attentuator.

- Built in footswitch boost for tightening sound, think built in OD

- Indépendant EQ for all channels.

- loop

- Solo boost in addtion to OD boost above

- Color options

- Speaker options

- Tube options

- Not much more I can think of but could you imagine an amp with 12 pre amp tubes because it has 3 independent pre amps in it? It would be awesome!

tschrama

Reaction score
An updated version of the JMP-1, e.g. a JVM410 preamp in a midi-controlled, -1-space rack. I know it can be done and I have a strong suspition that it would be a hit :cool:

Ivanock

Reaction score
Two chanel independent eq. Clean (think jvm410h cleen green) and Crunch (2203). Series fx loop. Footswitchable second gain and second master (on the back) for the crunch chanel so you can go to lead sounds. Head version, 50 watts attenuable to 25w (or similar).

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
A 200w Major reissue would be cool, but that will never happen. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dreyn77

Reaction score
can you help me?
I thought you were my friend.
OH, yeah.

common everybody, clap your hands now
COMMON!
THank You.
we love you all!

dreyn77

Reaction score
even sewing machines have computer touch screens on the front of them now.

just lets have something that has some new style. metal, future, cracked, skulls crossbones etc...

I can't concentrate, I listening to this at the moment. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jND3gR9oaJU[/ame]

;)

dreyn77

Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1viaAqoaAvc[/ame]

Joe2000

Reaction score
Real competition between Metro, Friedman, Suhr.
Yes! Since these guys are currently making the best Marshalls. I'll throw in a design. Something like the Friedman Small Box and CAE PT100. Plexi on one channel and crunch on the other...not like the dsl or jvm though.these sound better at low and high volumes!

Ken

Reaction score
Build an amp with top quality hardware.

Jacks that don't fail, transformers that don't blow, chokes already installed. Components with 1% tolerances. PC boards that don't overheat and make the amp unstable. Factory tubes that sound great and don't fry in the PI position. Plywood head cabinets.

Expensive? Probably...but you can only get out what you put in. Marshall wouldn't sell a ton of these amps, but it would go a long way in reinforcing Marshall's position in the market. All the pros would buy one.

Ken

atarilovesyou

Reaction score
:hmm:

OH WAIT, I ALREADY F***ING HAVE ALL OF THIS!!!

DSC00382.jpg

Thanks, Marshall! I guess I don't need anything new from you after all. :yesway:

Here's my highly opinionated opinion:

The 410H got is very close. The Satriani version made me just as happy in different ways, but when I get down to it, I'd like Marshall to do this:

When you make ONE 'flagship' model, then really make ONE. The sub-versions (subversions?) should be models of that amp, but with less features. And the price points to reflect. The JVM 410H sub group of 210s are not the same amps. The 50 watt versions, even less so. You've got so many amps out there that nobody knows what the deal is anymore. And you still have your stable of old classics. That's fine, but when you're talking flagship, really put everything behind that.

Both JVMs got it almost right, which is why I'm still holding out hope they'll nail it in the end.

A hybrid of the JVM technology:

100 watts

-Clean Green of the 410H, Clean Orange would be equivalent to Clean Green of HJS
-Crunch channel from the HJS
-OD1 from 410H

-make the fourth channel an 'extra' channel that you can map ANY other of your clean, crunch or OD channels to (similar to the Satriani, but two crunch, two cleans, or even two ODs if you like)

-keep the dual FX loops, but make each a TRUE representation of that loop; where there's no volume drop associated with the 410H parallel loop, and a serial loop that accepts pedals like the Satch version.

-keep the reverbs, but add pushbuttons to make them switch to noise gates if you want.

-change the overall gain settings so each channel can use the full range of the knob, rather than the 'never over 3' 410H on the OD channels. More HJS, but still more available gain for the OD1 channels

-keep the dual master volumes, the mid-shift buttons to give you the OD2 sound from 410H if you like, MIDI control and the awesome footswitch (that changes levels within a channel at HJS switching speed)

Then discontinue the JVM line AND any other line that isn't tone of the classic reissues (because they're important to those who still want that sound).

Give it a classic look and bring up the quality (without the price spike) to justify a set of new cabinets at the current ridiculous price point.

Call it a JCM-something.

Market all the smaller versions with the same circuitry, minus some of the bells and whistles so people can afford it at all price levels, rather than requiring them to go to a different, inferior line. No more solid state Marshall stuff. Marshall is the sound of tubes.

Oh, and it's gotta be built in England. Marshall's are made in ENGLAND.

If the quality is there, people will pay the price.

That's all I got.

d2_racing

Reaction score
I would like to see a production model based on the CSJTM145 from Anderton's.

TheSunShinesThrough

Reaction score
:shrug:

The only thing I can think of is to
improve the reverb! And I'm grasping
at straws here. I love my DSL40c and
I will be buying a 5c very soon. I have
absolutely no regrets about any of my
purchases. If they were to come up with
a handwired 5-15 watt combo amp for
$800-$1,200, I'd be all over that. That's
about all I can think of.

Msharky67

Reaction score
5 watt JMP with full features , FX loop and 1/2 switch to 1, 0.5 watt switch. Under $500!

Do a search on ebay and GC used gear for under $500 and you won't find any Marshall tube amp product available. So sad that the used gear is as much as the new gear today. :scratch: There is no reason for this! Yes I would love a Jubilee but I am not paying $1800! You people would stop paying higher prices for used gear maybe the prices would come down! Think about it!

dreyn77

Reaction score
so you've got 2 marshalls and you want to run them at the same time. okay that works, now you want to switch the 2 amps over to lead 1 at the same time. what do you do?
you need to hit two switches at the same time.
it's abit silly.

die esel 5c

Reaction score
A DSL 5watt Head, with presence knob, effects loop and crunch channel.
(or crunch mode... total 3 channels/mods: green yellow red)

But no one would buy their other amps if they bring this up :slash:

StratoMarshall

Reaction score
I'd like to see them resurrect old vintage face and back plates for popular amps. So far I have not found anyone to do a '78 JMP 2204 set of plates that have ALL of the original print on them! Marshall does not have them and won't make 'em even by special request.

slugzz-sop

Reaction score
A new mode 4 but I guess it would be called a mode 12?!?!? 3 settings on each mode so 3 cleans. 3 crunches 3 od1's and 3 od2's ran on pre AND power tubes in a similar way the jmd1 is with tone matrix on both sides of the amp with upgraded mg fx for the guys that want to run straight into the amp. With all the original features as well. And if them fux use my idea I would hope they would give me one head for free....... Just saying lol