What's next in your "to buy" list?

• Thread starter Guv'nor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ant1981

Reaction score
Guv'nor said:
What's next in your "to buy" list?

Perhaps a pedal board. For the very little effects that I use, I seem to get along better with seperate pedals, much easier to dial the sound in rather than racks of all in ones.

Billy The Mtn

Reaction score
I've been on a guitar binge lately. I've been getting one about every 4 to 6 months or so. Got a '02 Deluxe Super Strat last Oct, Then around March or April it was an '01 Ibanez V7DBK and last Month an '04 Gibson SG Standard. I'm thinking about a Gibson ES 335 next. Not sure but I think I'm trying to get one of each.

sickboy79

Reaction score
Hard to say. I'm after a vintage double cut Les Paul Jr or Special. I'd also like to add another Matchless to my collection. I'd also like to find a Plexi era or early metal face era 50w 1986 Bass head to go with my 73 Super Bass and 71 50w.

Hell_Tanner

Reaction score
Bought myself an MXR Flanger and EQ (old, script version) and built myself a nice Tele from different parts in the last month so I think I'm pretty set! :)

ant1981

Reaction score
Would you say that the single channel JCM800s are way way better than the two/split channel JCM800s ever could be?

sickboy79

Reaction score
ant1981 said:
Would you say that the single channel JCM800s are way way better than the two/split channel JCM800s ever could be?

It's all in the ear of the beholder. I personally perfer them. I find them to sound bigger, fuller, punchier, ballsier. Use you ears. There's always room for both!

style0

Reaction score
Getting another Strat on Thursday to replace the one I stupidly got rid of a couple years ago. Getting a '57 USA Vintage in the see through blond finish.

Guv'nor

Reaction score
Congrats!!!

I know I'll buy me a strat someday....

goldtop0

Reaction score
I reckon an 18watt TMB head.Ceria Tone do these and from all reports they're pretty darn good.
They also do one with an EF86 tube added as well.....what difference would this make anyone know??

Lennynero

Reaction score
New Combo, all tube... but not too sure wether more into vintage (1974, Bluesbreaker, AC30) or modern (DSL401, TSL601 etc.), 1*12 or 2*12.

Surley something relative pure.... compared to the rest of my gear.

noisenet

Reaction score
ant1981 said:

For a one amp setup, I now prefer the single channel. I have both a 2204 and 2205 (both are 50 watt, one a single channel, one a 2 channel). Running them together after a Boss Super Chorus sounds incredible! While both have that Marshall sound, they have very different tonal characteristics. The 2205 (two channel) seems to be more midrange friendly and less bright. The 2204 is more the "classic" JCM800 sound. But mixed together it's the fullest, ballsiest tone I've ever heard, let alone played through.

I've not used this rig on a gig yet (it's too heavy and big of a rig for my current band) but plan to soon as I'm starting a new band. But in my house, at a decent volume, this setup rules!!!!!

jcm900

Reaction score
I want to buy a guitar, I'm thinking in a epiphone les paul standart ( better cost than gibsons... :eek:ops: )

In Argentina, these guitars are very expensive (gibsons, fender's...). Before 2001, they were more easy to buy them...

JCM800

Reaction score
a Laney VH100r. it doesnt sound as good as the 800 but it gives me a different sound, and i need somthing heavyer when i play stuff like HIM. and i want to get either a maton ms2000 dlx sd or a gibson... but i just hate how impractical gibsons are.

Adwex

Reaction score
Well, in a few days I should be receiving a 100 watt 2555 Jubilee, so my next thing to buy is probably an attenuator.