• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

*** What's your next Marshall? ***

• Thread starter Neptical
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Msharky67

Reaction score
My next Marshall is a MX212 cab, then maybe an SV20h. Those DSL5c's would be fun to jam with. Funds are tight right now so its going to be a while before more amps. Saving for a guitar at the moment. AS73 OLMG. Prices need to come back down to reality first.

niazmet

Reaction score
Hopefully the JCM 900 4100 20watt head... which is coming in 2024 lol
:(

LCW

Reaction score
Any expecting Marshall, now under new ownership, to maybe update the more 'modern' amps - aka JVM and DSLs... they've about exhausted the Studio series at this point...

niazmet

Reaction score
Any expecting Marshall, now under new ownership, to maybe update the more 'modern' amps - aka JVM and DSLs... they've about exhausted the Studio series at this point...
They could make a 20head watt and 40 watt combo of Randy Rhoads

maico996

Reaction score
2004 JCM 2000 DSL 100. Saving my pennies but shouldn't be too much of a wait.

Last edited:

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
What's next on YOUR Marshall check list?

I have multiple variations on the tones of JCMs, a taste of Plexi with a 50w PPIMV clone along with the JTM/Plexi tones of the Origin 50s to the SS Marshalls 3210 & 3315.

The only other Marshall variant I'm now jonesin' to try and never have :

Marshall Silver Jubilee
Recently have been looking into those. Very nice amps!

StratoMarshall

Reaction score
I would love to have a JMP 1987 and a 1960B cab with greenbacks!
After purchasing my SV20H and acquiring a JohnH M2 attenuator, I have become a true believer in NMV Marshalls and I'm really gassing for the original thing!
Don't get me wrong...I LOVE the SV20H but would also like the option of one of its big brothers.
Finding reasonable specimens of those two items is like pulling teeth by yourself.
:cool:
Folks want a small fortune for either one.....I may go out and get 1960B with G12T75's and change 'em out for greenbacks...or I could swap out the G12T75's in my 50th anniversary 1960A.
Really want the B cab though.
Here's to wishing on a star!:cheers:

Reaction score
The studio classic SC20 head arrived today,,, but there is no sound when turning the amp on. I have tried it with two different 8ohm speakers i have at home, power is on, tubes are lit, no sound.. Kind of disappointed.

-------

After checking, It was the first tube (phase splitter?), we took out the metal cover and the spring had shuttered the tube, both top and bottom of the tube. Only return works. Seems the amp suffered a bit while getting here, so my tech advised me to return it.. :( The amp was pretty poorly packaged and loose in the box, with only the corner and bottom protective parts and no foam inside, unlike the unpacking videos i see from other companies. (Same thing with a Boss GT1000 core i recently bought from Thomann, it was loose inside the outer box, luckily with no damage, but still..)

Last edited:

Matthewthomas

Reaction score
I don't know if the next marshall I want to get exists, which would be something with truly vintage plexi/jmp tones with lots of saturation at usable volume (100dB or so?) that I don't need pedals or attenuation for, preferably a portable 1x12..... my 2150 is all of that other than portable; my Friedman Little Sister is close but its own sound; my Fargen mini plex mk2 is pretty perfect but it's not a marshall and it's in a giant head shell for some reason lol. I might build a combo cabinet with a V30 (which I've surprisingly been gravitating toward recently, despite previously believing that I'd be greenback till I die) or a pulsonic G12H which is also awesome with it. I tried the sv20c but it's just insanely clean unless insanely loud and I object to a 10" v-type....

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to have a JMP 1987 and a 1960B cab with greenbacks!
After purchasing my SV20H and acquiring a JohnH M2 attenuator, I have become a true believer in NMV Marshalls and I'm really gassing for the original thing!
Don't get me wrong...I LOVE the SV20H but would also like the option of one of its big brothers.
Finding reasonable specimens of those two items is like pulling teeth by yourself.
:cool:
Folks want a small fortune for either one.....I may go out and get 1960B with G12T75's and change 'em out for greenbacks...or I could swap out the G12T75's in my 50th anniversary 1960A.
Really want the B cab though.
Here's to wishing on a star!:cheers:
Yes! I wish you luck in your quest. I had a similar journey. I grabbed an SV20 and an attenuator, and loved the sound so much I started looking at other NMV amps. Next I picked up a Traynor YBA-1A, and then finally a ‘72 1987. It was totally worth it, btw. I’m getting ready to sell my SV20!

StratoMarshall

Reaction score
Yes! I wish you luck in your quest. I had a similar journey. I grabbed an SV20 and an attenuator, and loved the sound so much I started looking at other NMV amps. Next I picked up a Traynor YBA-1A, and then finally a ‘72 1987. It was totally worth it, btw. I’m getting ready to sell my SV20!
If I do get fortunate enough to find a clean 1987, I think I'll keep the SV20H. I like it and it's fantastic in the studio an at smaller jam sessions.
I might be 64 but I've still got no problem moving around two half stacks and I love the butt slamming punch of a 50 or 100 watter in the right setting.
BTW is your SV20 the combo or the head?

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I do get fortunate enough to find a clean 1987, I think I'll keep the SV20H. I like it and it's fantastic in the studio an at smaller jam sessions.
I might be 64 but I've still got no problem moving around two half stacks and I love the butt slamming punch of a 50 or 100 watter in the right setting.
BTW is your SV20 the combo or the head?
The head. I can see the appeal in having the smaller amp to bring into studio and small jam situations. Unfortunately, I haven’t played with anyone else in years. Also, I have some decent combo amps for grab and go situations, if they ever come up again. None of them are quite the same NMV experience, but I figure it’s not exactly grab and go if you need to grab the attenuator with it.

StratoMarshall

Reaction score
The head. I can see the appeal in having the smaller amp to bring into studio and small jam situations. Unfortunately, I haven’t played with anyone else in years. Also, I have some decent combo amps for grab and go situations, if they ever come up again. None of them are quite the same NMV experience, but I figure it’s not exactly grab and go if you need to grab the attenuator with it.
If you do decide to sell the SV20H, let me know! Don't know if could do it or not, but having a second one would make for a great two half stack rig!

FleshOnGear

Harmonic Hermit
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do decide to sell the SV20H, let me know! Don't know if could do it or not, but having a second one would make for a great two half stack rig!
I’m definitely selling. I just need to get around to undoing a couple of minor mods. Once I do that, it will be up in the classifieds.