• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

What's On Your Short List? (guitars, Amps, Pedals, Etc )

• Thread starter flyinguitars
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tonetrain

Reaction score
Check out Pro Audio Star. They have good prices. The Charvel's are on sale right now.

http://www.proaudiostar.com/landing/charvel-closeout-specials.html?dir=asc&order=price

I would have picked one of those up if I had the money night now. I got my PRS from them great deal and it was brand spankin new. I'd buy from them again.

I saw that, but I already got a pro mod I'm thinking wildcard this time (waiting&hoping), and yes killer deal for anybody looking to get into a Charvel mex :yesway:

mirrorman

Reaction score
If I won the lottery today, I'd be looking for a an ES-335 in Vintage Sunburst with 57 Classic pickups, a mid-70's Hiwatt DR-504 and original Fanes in a 4 X 12 cabinet. I don't have any idea of why I want another 4 X 12, I don't move the one I've got, but they just sound so damn nice.

Derek S

Reaction score
Stock '78 (ish) JMP/2204 (preferably with a recent re-cap and ready for biz)
Suhr Koko Boost (original)
Super Strat with rosewood board
Retubing my SLO (been a loooong time)

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Which model? I got an SR506. Short scale.
Here's a portrait I took:

ibby6d_zps9j7nwmc2.png

http://www.marshallforum.com/index.php?threads/nbd.89991/

they made a short scale?

Last edited:

RobLaQuinta

Reaction score
For real:

A Mackie 300-500 watt stereo power amp, a good bi-amp pre-amp to divide the signal between my horns and bottom speakers, both no larger than single slot rack-mount size.

Then, just before I die:

2 Ampeg SVT heads and 4 cabinets (I think bass sounds even cooler in stereo) I'd only use it once.
Another JCM 800 2205 and a JCM900 1960a cabinet so I can have them side by side.
A tobacco sunburst ES-335,
A natural ash Jazz Bass,
A red Gretsch Country Gentleman
A Rickenbacker 12 string
A Hammond B-3 with bass pedals and two Leslie 147s with JBL 15s.

That's all...

minerman

Reaction score
Got something on the "now" list....my desktop pc died last night, so I'm gonna have to buy a computer...I think the power supply took a dump, not 100% sure, but I think that's what's wrong with it. Instead of throwing $$$ at parts, I think I'll just get a new pc & be done with it...I really dread installing all the stuff onto a new pc, I've got like 25-30 dvd's of software to install...I think I'm just gonna go with Windows 10 too, I really liked 7, & I could probably find a W7 pc, but again, probably just gonna bite the bullet with a new W10 pc....

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
power supply is a quick/cheap/easy fix... I'd get a new one & then start looking.

minerman

Reaction score
power supply is a quick/cheap/easy fix... I'd get a new one & then start looking.

I've took your advice DoD, new power supply will be here Friday, I just hope it takes care of it...Not 100% sure that's what the issue is, but I had a little trouble out of it a few months ago. I turned it off, & it did the same thing, wouldn't power back up. Took the cover off just looking for anything obvious, didn't really see anything, so I closed it back up & it came on again. So again, I hope this fixes it, we'll see Friday afternoon I suppose...

Back to the list, I'm pretty sure I'll have to bump a computer to the top of the list now...:)

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I've took your advice DoD, new power supply will be here Friday, I just hope it takes care of it...Not 100% sure that's what the issue is, but I had a little trouble out of it a few months ago. I turned it off, & it did the same thing, wouldn't power back up. Took the cover off just looking for anything obvious, didn't really see anything, so I closed it back up & it came on again. So again, I hope this fixes it, we'll see Friday afternoon I suppose...

Back to the list, I'm pretty sure I'll have to bump a computer to the top of the list now...:)
The other thing(s) are the motherboard, or a drive failure. There's always the chance of RAM going bad, but, if it hasn't been making any weird sounds, from the HD, then it's probably not that (unless you are using SSD). Last time my computer died, it was the power supply & looking at my board, it has discolored quite a bit from heat, but it's still been cranking a few years later. If you think you might send the power supply back, just make sure that you can package it up as neat as it was shipped. I was fortunate enough to be able to take mine into a guy who put it on his bench for free & hooked up a PS & it fired right up...

Good luck! :yesway:

minerman

Reaction score
The other thing(s) are the motherboard, or a drive failure. There's always the chance of RAM going bad, but, if it hasn't been making any weird sounds, from the HD, then it's probably not that (unless you are using SSD). Last time my computer died, it was the power supply & looking at my board, it has discolored quite a bit from heat, but it's still been cranking a few years later. If you think you might send the power supply back, just make sure that you can package it up as neat as it was shipped. I was fortunate enough to be able to take mine into a guy who put it on his bench for free & hooked up a PS & it fired right up...

Good luck! :yesway:

I don't think the motherboard or any of the drives (2 - 1tb 3.5" Seagate Barracuda hdd's) have crapped out (I hope so anyway), but I won't know for sure until the power supply gets here. I'm pretty confident the power supply is what's actually wrong, as the vents on the bottom are a little discolored, but I didn't see anything inside the power supply itself that was obvious, but the vent is probably enough to verify... So again, hopefully this is gonna be a quick, cheap fix & will allow me some time to save up enough for another pc...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Is the PC turning on at all? Is the power supply turning on at all?

If you wanna find out if it's the power supply, take something like a wire or a paperclip, and jumper the green cable/pins at the end of the 20/24-pin plug to any of the black cable/pins. If it doesn't turn on, it's the power supply.

minerman

Reaction score
It won't power up at all...Not 100% sure, but about 90% it's the power supply. It did this a couple/few months ago, but eventually it started back up. I'm assuming it was the same issue then, only now, it finally shot it's wad...I can't complain though, this pc is over 6 years old, & I've absolutely put it through the ringer as a daw machine...

Thanks for the tip about jumping the leads over, but about my luck if I tried that, I'd break something that isn't broken as of now...It'll probably take longer to open the package it comes in than it will to put the new part in, only 6 screws (including the side panel on the case), & 5 cable connections...

Hogie34

Reaction score
Here's a portrait I took:

ibby6d_zps9j7nwmc2.png

http://www.marshallforum.com/index.php?threads/nbd.89991/

they made a short scale?

Every time I see this bass, I feel like I might have chosen the wrong Ibanez lol. That thing just looks so sinister !

Anyway, my list...

GUITARS:
Gibson Explorer
Gibson V
LP standard
I think that'll round out my fiddle collection pretty well.

Amps :
For sure will be buying these in the next year whether new or used...
Mesa Royal Atlantic
Mesa Rectifier ( dual or triple, haven't decided yet)
Marshall EL34 100/100 to run my AxeFX through a cab

Cabs:
The only one I want at the moment is an Ivory EVH 2x12 and I want it so damn bad!!

Well, that's my not so short list!

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
I don't really have a list, as I'm pretty much at capacity, gear-wise. However, I recently got some birthday money in, and I'll be selling my beater bolt-neck Epi Junior in favor of upgrading to a setneck Epi "Custom Shop '57 Reissue LP Junior." The seller is a buddy of mine from the local scene. The guitar came stock with a P-100, which I'm not fond of, but neither was he, so it's already been replaced with a proper P-90 (Seymour Duncan Antiquity). Looking forward to this as the only guitar I've bought in the last year and a half was that $50 boltneck Junior, which was basically just an experiment to see how I could get along with a single-pickup guitar. (I'd previously had a single-pickup Melody Maker that only had a volume control, and that was too limiting, even for me. With a tone also, however, I'm good.) This should happen some time in the next 48 hrs or so.

Outgoing:

21150015776_31b4827cbe_z.jpg

Incoming:

26758445250_b4ea6b756e.jpg

axe4me

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Electro Harmonix Lester G
Electro Voice 18" Subs (2 of them) for my PA.
Gibson Grace Potter Flying V
Teye Super Coyote; Apache or another LaPirata.
National TriCone 12 String
Friedman Pink Taco
Bogner Goldfinger 45 Head

Sometimes things change from want to need............
I have on order a 4 pack of Audio Technica M8000 mics; 3 Dr Pro Boom Stands and a Musicians Gear Stand/Mic Bag.
I'm slowly building up my PA gear.

I'm still wanting those other things :>)