• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Whats the one amplifier ( or any piece of gear really) you want to kick yourself for giving up?

• Thread starter Clockworkmike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
The bass I regret selling was an Ibanez SR500.
I had an idea that I would do some recordings and ditch the bass synth that I was using from my Boss DR-880.
So when a mate bought himself an Ibanez SR600 I tried it, liked it, and decided to get one.
My LGS had several SRs in at the time, and the best player of the lot was the cheapest SR500 4-string.

But in 3 years it simply never got played enough to justify it, or bass amp I got too (a Line 6 Lowdown Studio 110).
So they went in a cull of equipment to afford another 6-string and a trade up to a DSL40CR.

I will probably get another Ibanez SR someday as they are not in short supply.
In the meantime I have dug out the Music Man Stingray copy I made in the early 90's.
I suppose I should have been loyal to the Stingray in the first place, as it is the first guitar I built, but the narrower neck on the Ibanez played so much better!
So now I am learning to love the Stingray again, and just need the filthy lucre to get a new bass amp.

Now what can I sell? :hmm:

Last edited:

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
The guitar I regret selling was a Charvel Model 4.
After 3 other also-rans, it was the first guitar I bonded with.
I went to a Music College in the 90's to learn guitar making and repair.
After the Stingray I made a set-neck copy of the Model 4.
But to afford all the parts for it I had to sell the Charvel.
I got lucky though and the copy I made is a goer that plays lovely!

20200427_100516-1600.jpg
20200427_100549-1600.jpg

Latest posts