What's your favorite Ozzy-era Black Sabbath tune/record

• Thread starter chuckelator
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chuckelator

Reaction score
I pose the question that way because, my favorite Sabbath tune is not from my favorite over-all Sabbath record.

My favorite Sabbath tune? An odd choice if I do say so.. Changes.
Not heavy in the slightest, but it's such a beautiful song.. I can't help but love it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNFHo6EffGA]Black Sabbath-Changes - YouTube[/ame]

My favorite over-all record though? Sabotage. Easily, their heaviest record, Ozzy's best vocals are on this record (my opinion, obviously) the best., you can't argue with The Writ.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNp5quO11B8]Black Sabbath The Writ - YouTube[/ame]

Where do you stand on the subject?

dsn716

Reaction score
Favorite record is a toss up between the first album and Paranoid. They are the only two that I like ALL of the tracks on. But, favorite song would have to be A National Acrobat.

dsn716

Reaction score
My favorite Sabbath tune? An odd choice if I do say so.. Changes.
Not heavy in the slightest, but it's such a beautiful song.. I can't help but love it.

Along those same lines, Solitude is an amazing piece of work.
Oh, and Master of Reality is another record that I like every track on.
Damn it, this is too hard! It's easier to name the handful of things I don't like from the Ozzy-era Sabbath than the multitude of things I love!

Jaymz E

Reaction score
Fairies wear boots is fun to play out live. I like the Sabotage album best and then Never Say Die. I do like the live Randy Rhoads versions of Children of the grave and Paranoid. I like the solos he put in them when he played them.

poeman33

Reaction score
I probably listened to their debut album the most. My older brother had all the Sabbath albums and I would listen to them on headphones while drawing. The Wizard was probably my favourite on that album.

mott555

Reaction score
I like the first two the best, with the first album winning overall. I love all the unstructured bluesy jams, and the drumming on The Wizard is easily the best drumming on any Sabbath song.

While I like their early style the best, they have lots of good stuff. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (the song), Children of the Grave, Wheels of Confusion/The Straightener, Into The Void, Sabbra Cadabra, Symptom of the Universe, and All Moving Parts Stand Still are some other favorites.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Wicked World
Hand of Doom
The Writ
Megalomania
After Forever
Into The Void
Jr's Eyes

I dig most of their stuff, but those are cool & definitely not burned out...

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Wicked World
Hand of Doom
The Writ
Megalomania
After Forever
Into The Void
Jr's Eyes

I dig most of their stuff, but those are cool & definitely not burned out...

Same list except add Children of the Grave and like OP I like the Writ. Meglomania my favorites on Sabatage.
"Lord of this World" rocks Wheels of Confusion

chuckelator

Reaction score
Just thought of another that's at the top for me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR7hA2vAL6o]Black Sabbath Air Dance (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Right on Bloodrock I vote all of the first 3 recordings as the hardest and heaviest. I notice that toward Volume 4 some of the drumming is less in your face.

12barjunkie

Reaction score
Behind The Wall of Sleep and Sleeping Village, Snowblind is a close second. If I could only listen to or play covers from one band, Black Sabbath would be it (sorry Jimi, love you man!)

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Albums:

Volume .4
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Technical Ecstasy

In that order.

Bigmuff

Reaction score
Master of Reality is by far my favorite. Every song on there is somehow genre defining.

I have a harder time picking a favorite song. It might be War Pigs if it wasn't so heavily played. But I'll try to keep my rock nerd credit and instead pick the first song off Vol. 4 - Wheels of Confusion. Into the Void kicks ass too.

Oh and my least favorite song? Changes. No offense, but whenever I hear that cliched piece of crap, I hit skip. Should never have been on the record.

LPMarshall hack

Reaction score
I am not an Ozzy fan, nor am I a Sabbath fan...but I do like Mama I'm comin Home.

Edit: Ooops...just noticed you wanted an Ozzy ERA Sabbath tune...I misread it as an Ozzy OR a Sabbath tune. Oh well...

S.A.T.O.

Reaction score
Killing yourself to live

Hole in the sky

Into the Void

Latest posts