What's Your Favorite Wah?

• Thread starter speyfly
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dgd73

Reaction score
Lots of cool stuff posted here. Thanks for sharing. I’ve only owned the 535Q and don’t really feel a need for anything else. If it went out and couldn’t fix it, I’d probably get the same or a dimebag one because it looks like it’s about the same but has the LEDs on it.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Some good stuff here.
I use an older Mister Crybaby Super, it’s wah & volume. I got it as i sometimes need a volume pedal for certain parts I can’t handle with just guitar knobs, as well as needing a wah, and wanted to have both on my board without having to upsize.
Being a combination, it’s neither the greatest wah, or best volume pedal I’ve used, but gets the job done..
Interested to hear any other combined Wah/volume suggestions

mark123

Reaction score
My favorite is the Dunlop CBM95 Mini but it sits on the shelf with the rest of my Wahs that i never use.

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
My first wah I bought is the Morley Power Wah Boost. As a wah, it sucks. I used it as a volume pedal and boost but now it just collects dust. I have a Thomas Organ Cry baby which sucked tone until I made it true bypass but it doesn't have the sweep of the Vox wah that I bought a couple of years ago.

Anyone have the Satriani wah? I love the sound of his wah as in the song "Your my World".

tallcoolone

Reaction score
I really like the RMC 10 but interested in Xotic, looks vary versatile, though many people say, when activated during play with high gain, the wah makes a jarring sound which others have described a pop or a delay/gap between sounds?
Momentary delay, yup. Sounds so good I work around it but I’d buy a MkII in a second if they figure out how to fix that.

geddy

Reaction score
Finally picked up a 70s coloursound few months back. Wanted one for a long time ' cos Brian Robertson. Yep. That's the one for me. Prefer the more vocal quality over the crybaby 's.

jeffb

Reaction score
Finally picked up a 70s coloursound few months back. Wanted one for a long time ' cos Brian Robertson. Yep. That's the one for me. Prefer the more vocal quality over the crybaby 's.
My fave as well.

LyseFar

Reaction score
Well - for live usage my favourite is the Dunlop 95Q. I am lazy and want to be sure that it turns on and off when I want it to. The 95Q always delivers and sounds great.
In the studio I prefer my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe or a RMC clone my tech build for me.

Last edited:

K9Merc

Reaction score
I have Morley fuzz wah I like the fuzz more than the wah but it works great. Also have Dunlop crybaby… not a fan. I’m really sad I missed out on the fulltone wahs they look and sound great(on YouTube). Wouldn’t mind getting a nice vox wah.

Wildeman

Reaction score
Whichever one works at the time, I got two Thomas's, a Coloursound and a Crybaby classic Fasel. The Thomas is my fav but they're old and rickety.

fuzz/karl

Reaction score
Thanks!
I'm not a fan of wah pedals. I use a Dunlop cry baby on my band because some songs need It. I own this supawah all my live. Someone of my family bought It. It has a special tone and feeling but you need use It with a worn battery. Because on '70 9v battery were less powerfull than current ones. You can use It with a current 9V battery, no problem, but If you used It with a '60/'70 vintage Marshall's with a new 9V battery It don't sounds good. To much feedback sound. With a worn battery into a vintage Marshall it's great!
Actually old carbon zinc batteries ran hotter than Alkaline. While Alkaline run a consistent 9v, Carbon tend to run anywhere from high 9’s to upward of 13v. Most average between 10-11v
Which would result in a better sound imo as the germanium transistors in the Supa like the extra voltage, much like a Germanium fuzz.
Low voltage can lead to a more staved response that some dig. A power supply with voltage comtrol like the Voodoo labs is handy for trying different voltage.

Kuga

Reaction score
Actually old carbon zinc batteries ran hotter than Alkaline. While Alkaline run a consistent 9v, Carbon tend to run anywhere from high 9’s to upward of 13v. Most average between 10-11v
Which would result in a better sound imo as the germanium transistors in the Supa like the extra voltage, much like a Germanium fuzz.
Low voltage can lead to a more staved response that some dig. A power supply with voltage comtrol like the Voodoo labs is handy for trying different voltage.
I don't know what voltage it's proper for It. Just I can say I use this Varta alkaline long life on It for about 6 years. Yeah, 6 years! You can see I don't use It ofen. When I intalled this battery I tryed some vintage '60 '70 Marshall's with this all original Supa Wah. It didn't sound good. A lot of feedback sound when I played those Marshall's a bit loud. But you tryed It with a TSL100 and sounded ok. No feedback sound. Then after 2 years I tryed It again with same '60 '70 Marshall's. Same battery. It sounded really good. No feedback sound while I played those old amps really loud.
I made the youtube video 10 months ago with same battery. I played It about 15 days ago with a '97 LM6100. Again same battery. Defently it's a long live battery, lol.

699223ef334a6938f96d36ee5210e2f0.jpeg

chocol8

Reaction score
My favorite is a cheap Vox, gutted and filled with Area 51 internals.