• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

What's your main guitar?

• Thread starter richieG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

richieG

Reaction score
Mine is a recent aqusition. I have always primarily been a Gibson guy since I was 20. I am so used to the scale length I thought I would never change. I liked fenders and ibanezs etc but gibsons always felt like "home"

But, I got this Jeff Beck strat, and it's so fucking nice. It has a neck like an R7, lace sensors which are not a million miles from humbuckers, especially the double on the bridge ,locking tuners and roller nut.

I never thought I would say I was primarily a strat guy, but I am now. Then again I guess it's not really a traditional strat.

Heres a pic

IMG_0129.jpg
[/QUOTE]

IanReed99

Reaction score
I traded my epiphone lespaul elitist in for an American strat. And never looked back. Way more comfortable and a much better tonal field. I lost my American due to hard times, but I have a very nice Mexican that I reciently acquired. That is my current main ax. My back up is an 85 Kramer with a Floyd rose and a Duncan full shred
ffdec237.jpg

HoboMan

Reaction score
I gigged all of last year with my Hamer Artist but I recenlty picked up a Les Paul DC that I'm really liking. I used it at a couple of Gigs and it just KILLS.
Both guitars have Duncan Triple Shot mounting rings for lots of versatility.

Of course they're plugged into Marshalls. I have a JCM800 & a JCM900 MKIII.

TS3.jpg

LesPaulDC.jpg

dirtyhippie08

Reaction score
My main six-string guitar is a 60's tribute Gibson Les Paul Studio. I love the tone I get with p90's and my marshall tsl602. My Epi Custom plays pretty well too. But I am a bass player so my #1 is a 5-string warwick corvette.

Username2

Reaction score
While it would be easier to settle on one guitar to keep from tweaking my amps I just can't do it. Each guitar I have now was purchased because it gave me something in tone or playabilty the others didn't.

Since I don't gig and only record I love having the options. However if all my guitars had to go away except one I would keep my Robin Trower Strat.

johnfv

Reaction score
:lol: I've been compared to a lot of bald guys but Peter Gabriel is one I've not heard before - nice to be compared to such a talented guy. Yup, my Strat Plus is giant size on the screens behind me, doing some live video that night at the club...

jcmjmp

Reaction score
My Lydian "Powerslave" Jem is my main Axe. Its just the one I use the most because its versatile and plays great.
254753530.jpg

It has a very unique tone. The body is white Korina, the neck a scarf jointed maple/walnut/maple with a Sheduah fretboard and pearl "Eye or Ra" inlay. Pickups are pretty standard stuff but they work very well in this guitar : DiMarzio Super Dist in the bridge and Norton in the neck. The middle is a Fender single coil. I had a Tone Zone in there for a while and went to the SD. The difference wasn't huge between the two in this particular guitar.

The finish is thin Nitro.