Your dirt pedals

• Thread starter mott555
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SongsForTheDeaf

Reaction score
EH Little Big Muff Pi - ya, I know, not the best one out there, but excellent value for the money and it paints a huge smile on my face, when I play 60´s psychedelic tunes.
sweet and smooth like honey.

I'm with you on this ! I just replaced my little big muff with a wren and cuff tall font Russian.. think I like the Littl Big Muff more! but I think the wren and cuff will cut through more so I'm stickin with it

jordame93

Reaction score
I have 6 but use 3.
1. Fulltone OCD - my main dirt set on low gain and a little more than breaking up.
2. CMATmods Super Signa Drive - use this with my OCD to get a crunchy rhythm sound. to me itsounds like a TS on steroids. very versatile drive
3. CMATmods Brownie - i use this one if i need more drive than my ods stacked. i love how i can get high gain out of this pedal without it getting too compressed

Macro

Reaction score
The land of cheesesteaks and soft pretzels
I've been running a FullDrive II for a while and would recommend it to anyone....great pedal.

Picked up a MXR '78 badass and so far, it's got some cool tones. Truth be told, I got it because it was cheap and I wanted something different.

Next pedal will be an OFA....can't wait to play with that :)

brp

Reaction score
I have
- OFA SD-1 (original tube boost mod w/mid and gain boost switches)
- Early 90's TS-9
- Joyo British Sound

My favorite? The OFA for sure.
Love the TS-9 too though and the British Sound is great too really, it's capable of quite a range of tones and shaping with it's voice control and 3 band EQ.

Odin69

Reaction score
Wren and Cuff - The Caprid (EHX Ram's head, Big Muff clone)
Fulltone - Fulldrive 2
Dunlop - JB Fuzz Face
Fulltone - Ultimate Octave (Fuzz)
EHX - Metal Muff nano
DOD - YJM 308
Xotic - EP Booster; technically, not a dirt pedal, but, it does add some nice break up to my YJM 100.

Next on the list is a Suhr - Koko Boost.

I forgot I have a MXR (script) distortion +. I had it put away for awhile and just took it out the other day.

telemarshall

Reaction score
My OCD v.4 sees most of the action, but I also dig my MXR Custom Badass '78..

Recently orderd a Joyo Crunch Distortion as well - just to see what all the fuss was about with these - not a bad little dirt box..

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
I hope it's ok if i post my 2 favorite's that love .. no specific order !
When i get around building my own pedal board soon , these two will be front & center !

OFA - Tube Boost OD

hot-tubes-70-albums-onfloor-audio-pedals-picture8551-dsc04511.jpg

OFA built Klon Centaur clone

hot-tubes-70-albums-onfloor-audio-pedals-picture8508-dsc04486.jpg

JAC

Reaction score
Here are the ones I have which I like a lot:

Boss MT2
EH Big Muff (Pie Sign)
Proco Rat 2
Ibanez TS808
DOD FX69 Grunge
MXR M-115 Distortion III
EH LPB-1
EH Double Muff (Nano)
EH Double Muff

I got a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret in route to myself as I type this.

I also have a DOD Supra Distortion I will probably mod in the future. I hate modding stuff but, this one screams out for it. I picked it up used for $20.

Nudge68

Reaction score
Right now on the 'board I toggle between the SD-1, ZW44 and the Xotic Effects BB Pre-amp.

Selection depends on the Head - JMPs get the SD-1. JCMs get the ZW44, non-Marshalls made after 2000 get the BB. Sounds best to my lugs.

There's a clean boost before the ODs (Xotic Effect EP booster) and as of a few weeks back, the MXR 10 Band EQ with a frown curve after the ODs.

Recording, I also use plenty, but most used at the moment are the Micro Muff and a Vox Satch Distortion.

Cheers,

Matt.

mott555

Reaction score
I don't think I posted it in here, but I finally bought an SD-1. It had been so long since I played my 6505+ that I'd forgotten just how low-gain my Marshall is. Well not anymore! My DSL can finally get into 6505+ territory. Best $30 I ever spent! (bought used on ebay)

mott555

Reaction score
Everyone's telling me to get it OFA modded. Guess I'll have to. Once my job situation gets sorted out I'll just have to buy another SD-1 and have him mod it. I have yet to see a good before-and-after video, so I really want to keep one stock as a reference point. Plus I'm considering getting into pedal-building myself and in my mind the SD-1 is the standard reference.

spikei

Reaction score
If its down to cash the SD 1 is a good deal or a bad monkey, but if you want to keep your tone from guitar pure then a true bypass would be better, i have a wampler plexidrive to add a bit of bite but it is overpriced IMO. Fulltone OCD is popular.

Last edited:

TyrackT71

Reaction score
In order from which i got them:
1. Ibanez Tubescreamer
2. MXR ZW44
3. EXH Big Muff Pi
4. Boss Blues Driver
5. Dunlop Fuzzface
6. Way Huge Green Rhino MKII (which I believe to be in my rig for a very long time!)