Your dirt pedals

• Thread starter mott555
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soloist88

Reaction score
I use my Boss DS-1 for a classic rock distortion.
Boss MT-2 for 80's hard rock.
Boss ML-2 for hardcore metal.
I will throw in an Ibanez TS-9 for a lead boost.

Riffraff

Reaction score
SD-1 - A must with any Marshall.
Route 66 - My Fender, Silvertones and Tweaker all love this TS Clone pedal.
BD-2 - Bought used, was modified by the PO. I have a Monte Allums H2O kit waiting to go into this.
Blackout Effectors Musket - Outstanding Swiss Army fuzz
MT2 - Modified with Monte Allums tri-drive kit and then tweaked a little further with LEDs, different diodes and a stacked JRC4558 opamp.
The nasty nasal tone is gone and it's more a OD/Distortion now with really good tone controls.

Last but not least this DIY tube boost creation which is fukn awesome. It has something in the neighborhood of 40db of clean boost which kicks the front end of any tube amp into high gear. It's designed for 12AU7 tubes, 12BH7's are fantastic too. It will run off a 9V power supply. I'm running mine off of regulated 12VDC power supply I had kicking around. I find it likes that even better and it's nice and quiet. I've been totally digging this lately: Ash FSR Tele > RTE 66 > Tube Boost > Tweaker 15. I like to set it for a nice hot lead tone then ride the guitar's volume control for all levels of grind.

sinner 13

Reaction score
I have three,
A russian Big muff = dust collector
My xotics AC Boost: currently on the pedal board.
AND my 1987 Proco rat I bought in HS is about to come out of retirement.

Riffraff

Reaction score
My latest dirt addition: TC Electronics Nova Drive - 2 digitally controlled analog effects (OD & Distortion) in a single housing with 18 recall slots.

Let's strip things down and keep it simple with a few time based pedals in the loop and just run this single pedal out front while maintaining loads of dirt options a step away.

num1dano

Reaction score
sd1 and ts9 with my dsl I can get anywhere I need to go, with these two in my signal path. I really like setting ts9 for clean boost and sd1 for a clean boost/with a touch more gain. sd1 into ts9 into dsl, this is great with any of the 4 channels on my dsl and its like having 4 channels on each of the 4 channels. dsl, dsl/ts9, dsl/sd1, and my favorite dsl/ts9/sd1 they sound so good together imo.

john l

Reaction score

Rahlstin

Reaction score
I use a Bad Monkey on the clean side of my DSL100. I use FullTone OCD for my Fender Deluxe Reverb. Both are great pedals with the OCD being incredible.

alhayesmusic

Reaction score
I use my amp's distortion 99% of the time. I have a few dirt pedals, but use them more as treble boosts, or added gain when I am using a house rig at a jam. Here are my current stock.

MXR Classic Overdrive
Fulltone Catalyst
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9
Visa Distortion

My EHX LPB-1 booster works wonders on SOME amps.

50WPLEXI

Reaction score
Hard to believe mine has changed since posting earlier. So here's what I have now.

1. Still have the Bogner Blue.
2. Now have a Suhr Riot instead of the Plimsoul. Great choice I might add.
3. Marshall Bluesbreaker Clone - this from the original schematic. F**cking pedal is outstanding for lower gain stuff. Sounds pretty close to the amp of name sake.

And two more in the closet looking to sell...

chuckelator

Reaction score
I have two.. Russian Big Muff, and Earthquaker Devices Talons, both of which are on my pedal board, and I use both regularly.

dreyn77

Reaction score
I'm almost embarrest to say I have them now!
I've had a pickup for 10 years and I didn't know how to use it!

anywhay, I have the fuzz, dist+, jetdrive, tubescream, sexdrive, evenharmonic DOD. Sold the SD-1 and metalzone.

I think I've successfully eliminated them all. Hurray! :) I'm a happy man!
They sit there for tradition and nostalgia.

I think it's time I 'get with the program', and use what the 'guys who live it', do and know.

The 'skill' is, in knowing which guys to follow!

mott555

Reaction score
Strange, this is my thread and I'm not subscribed to it! Guess this post will solve that.

I'm down to just a TS9 now. I still have a pair of SD-1's but I don't think I've even turned one on after getting the tubescreamer. I'd like to get one OFA-modded sometime to check out his work, but I've got a lot of projects going on right now and music is starting to take a back seat.

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
:D Vot iss dis "Dirt Pedals" yew spek ovf? I du not undertake vot yew mean so vell.

I have a JMD1. Pretty much ZERO need for pedals. (Or multiple amps for that matter)

:lol::lol: TWIN

Latest posts