AFD-100 questions

• Thread starter slash07
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
facepalm.jpg

thrawn86

Reaction score

ItsChrispyTv

Reaction score
1) If by 'around the corner' you mean in the unforseeable future, sure.
2-4) meh
5) You could get those tones on the JVM. It's versatile enough. But as we have all come to appreciate here: Tone is in the Fingers. Or in the case of Adwex, our dear Moderator: Tone is in the Hat.

Hes right, even slash's tech admitted its all in the fingers, you will never sound like slash as much as you want to. The JVM will get you the tone, but then i would start looking at slash's techniques on youtube and see how he plays certain songs, and don't forget the pickups make a huge difference aswell

Cobra

Reaction score
YouTube - First AFD 100 Sale

It's gonna be a long freak'in year.

Oh, yes.. I have nothing against signature gear, but against those boneheads whom think they sounds/are/plays like Slash (or any other guitarist), simply by buying the gear.. Besides that, I can't see a valid argument for hyping Slash that much.. yeah he is a good rythme and lead guitarist, who has made some nice things both solo and in G'nR, but damn, I think we can agree that Slash is NOT in the top 10 of world greatest guitarist.

And Slash is not metal!!!

richieG

Reaction score
I am sick of the Slash Posts. But let's not harass new guys on this forum. They are not aware of the ongoing Slash Gimpery.

But I am more sick of the Slash Bashers. He's a good player and a great riff meister.

Seriously.....Hands up if you think Slash can't play.

Cobra

Reaction score
I am sick of the Slash Posts. But let's not harass new guys on this forum. They are not aware of the ongoing Slash Gimpery.

But I am more sick of the Slash Bashers. He's a good player and a great riff meister.

Seriously.....Hands up if you think Slash can't play.

Well, as I said, he is a good guitarist, but putting him on a pedestal like he was the absolute best.. That bugs me the way sleaze/hair/glam "metal" does..

j2112c

Reaction score
Yet again I am with W. Lester here:

images

How can a joke in another thread about not getting an AFD because Slash and Marshall will release the UYI-100 tone amp next end up here in another thread taken seriously and having Santiago himself having to debunk it!!? :confused:

Hells Bells! Triple Face Palm.:wtf:

As a species we are doomed. All that will be left in the wasteland will be a McDonalds golden arches sign and Slashs Top Hat!:fingersx:

Santiago sorry for wasting your time but when is the W1987 - 100 going to be released? :lol:
You know, the fictitious amp that replicates John Sykes tone on the Whitesnake 1987 album? You know the one that was done with a Mesa Boogie Coloseum!?!

Slash fans get a f'n grip!:lol:

... And before you start.. THERE IS No F'n W1987 - 100!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a bloody JOKE. Aaaaaaaaaauuuggghhhh! :lol:

sonnyksac

Reaction score
I understand the slamming of Slash, his new gear, and all the kids wanting to "get that sound." But, if you arent interested in these threads, dont read them. Thats easy.

Ive been playing for 26 years, have a bunch of my own music, and enjoy playing all kinds of covers and music. These days, Ive been shopping for new gear. And since I wanted a new Marshall, and liking Slash, I ordered the AFD100. Big deal. Im going to enjoy the hell out of it.

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
:) No one has a Problem with the Man or his endorsements, it's just the ENDLESS "How do I?" questions. We actually should have come to expect it over the years. There Was Clapton, then Hendrix, then EVH, then SRV, Now Slash, Vai, Satch, and I suspect Bonamassa is next??....

Just How DO I get Bonamassa's tone???

Welcome Santiago, Pleasure to have you here.

:):) TWIN

sonnyksac

Reaction score
Fair enough. I can respect a lot of Signature guitars and amps, because lets face it, when you spend that kind of money you are getting a decent product. All those signature guitars are sweet, but I could give a F about the Vai Ibanez. Feels like a toy.

chuckharmonjr

In Memorandum
Reaction score
About as far south in Alabama as you can go withou
At the risk of repeating myself......

Tell ya what...buy the new AFD head....buy the Slash sig Les Paul...Buy the Slash Cabinets....spend 20 grand...then come back to me and tell me how successful you were...lol....get a damned grip...learn YOUR sound...learn YOUR tone...become yourself...not a douchebag in a top hat

Latest posts