Any Rumours about the 50th Anni Model..

• Thread starter ddaxe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
A 1959 made to '68 specs, with "Marshall's new electronic power attenuation" and trimmed in white tolex and gold piping, faceplate, and logo.
There will be 50 units made that will be handwired and have the Marshall logo in 24K solid gold! These will be hand signed by Jim and everyone that took part in the design and build of the amp. Production numbers for the "standard" model are not known at this time.

jcmjmp

Reaction score
It'll probably be a DSL in different clothing. They've been using the DSL for all their special editions lately, including Jim Marshall's 85th anniversary and the Movember Marshalls.

ddaxe

Reaction score
for sure it has to have some gold on there somewhere... it would be cool to see it in a gold tolex... like the Jubs.. only with gold... good to hear.. I may put off buying another Marshall until this one is released

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
For the record dude, I made all that chyt up while I was on my thinkin' chair...

But it sounds like a really awesome idea for an amp though huh? ;)

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
gold piping, faceplate, and logo.
There will be 50 units made that will be handwired and have the Marshall logo in 24K solid gold! These will be hand signed by Jim and everyone that took part in the design and build of the amp.

For the record dude, I made all that chyt up while I was on my thinkin' chair...

But it sounds like a really awesome idea for an amp though huh? ;)

:lol::lol:

Kinda sounds like...............................

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
So, should we all make a request for said amp?

I actually like the gold tolex idea. I was thinking of saying gold tolex and black faceplate but I thought that would be over the top...

ddaxe

Reaction score
MOST DEFINATELY.... it's a huge milestone for MARSHALL.. we know it.. surely they must... I'm sure it's in the works...

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
i talked about it with santiago a couple of months ago... there was nothing on paper yet

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
The AFD100 is the 50th Anniversary model. "Welcome to the Future".

spiritdave

Reaction score
They should release the fucking Jubilee again :) Call it the Gold Jubilee :) Same hardware and models as before. It's such a sought after amp :)

Cobra

Reaction score
I really hope it is something usable, and not just collectible.. Cause I'm sure I will put my dirty hands on one!

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
:lol:

Yeah, my first post was so good when I went back and read it, I almost believed it myself.
That would make a kick ass amp though. We should rally up and see if they will produce it.

Alowerdeep

Reaction score
I would think they would build on the 30th anniversary,maybe refine it a bit, update it and give it a little more flexibility..I know the JVM in supposed to be that,but teh general consensus from everyone I have talked with about the JVM is that they missed the mark....maybe go back to the basics and build on pure tube tone mixed with technology....

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think they would build on the 30th anniversary,maybe refine it a bit, update it and give it a little more flexibility..I know the JVM in supposed to be that,but teh general consensus from everyone I have talked with about the JVM is that they missed the mark....maybe go back to the basics and build on pure tube tone mixed with technology....

What is "the mark"? With that established, then we can talk.

Latest posts